LONDON, Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global markets and clearing houses, today announced the introduction of 16 new energy contracts on ICE Futures Europe. The new contracts include global oil and ferrous metal futures products, as well as API 8* CFR South China coal futures, a cash settled contract based on the price of coal delivered into Southern China.
All of the new products are expected to be available for the trade date of Monday February 11, 2013, subject to regulatory non-objection. The new contracts are:
Global Oil Products
- TMX C5 1b Future (TMC)
- Fuel Oil Straight Run 0.5-0.7% FOB NWE Cargoes Future (FSR) (Platts)1
- Argus Eurobob Oxy FOB Rotterdam Barges vs Platts Naphtha CIF NWE Cargoes Future (EON) (Argus/Platts)2
- Daily Dated Brent Future 1,000 bbl (DDB) (Platts)3
- Brent CFD vs First Month Future 1,000 bbl (BFM) (Platts)3
- Brent CFD vs Second Month Future 1,000 bbl (BSM) (Platts)3
- Brent CFD vs Third Month Future 1,000 bbl (BTM) (Platts)3
- Daily Dated Brent vs Brent 1st Line Future (DBL) (Platts)3
- Singapore Mogas 92 Unleaded vs Brent 1st Line Future (STB) (Platts)4
- Singapore Mogas 95 Unleaded vs Brent 1st Line Future (SFB) (Platts)4
- Singapore Mogas 97 Unleaded vs Brent 1st Line Future (SSB) (Platts)4
- Urals North vs Dated Brent CFD Balmo Future (MAM-MBQ) (Platts)3
- Urals Med vs Dated Brent CFD Balmo Future (MED-MFH) (Platts)3
- API 8* CFR South China coal futures (CRF) (Argus/IHS McCloskey Coal)5
- Iron Ore 62% Fe (TSI), CFR Tianjin Future (IOC) (The Steel Index)6
- Iron Ore 62% Fe (Platts IODEX) vs Iron Ore 62% Fe (TSI), CFR Tianjin Future (IOS) (Platts/TSI)7
With the products announced today, ICE will offer over 800 energy contracts. All ICE energy contracts are cleared at ICE Clear Europe.
- This contract references Platts European Marketscan.
- This contract references Argus European Products report and Platts European Marketscan.
- These contracts reference Platts Crude Oil Marketwire.
- These contracts reference Platts Asia-Pacific/Arab Gulf Marketscan.
- This contract references Argus/McCloskey's Coal Price Index Report.
- This contract references The Steel Index's Iron Ore Daily Edition.
- This contract references Platts Steel Markets Daily and The Steel Index's Iron Ore Daily Edition.
* API 8 is a trademark of and is used under license from Argus Media Limited and IHS Global Limited. All copyrights and database rights in the API 8 index belong exclusively to Argus and IHS. Official prices for the API 8 are only available from Argus. Argus and IHS take no position on the purchase or sale of ICE's financially settled listings.
About IntercontinentalExchange IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE) is a leading operator of regulated exchanges and clearing houses serving the risk management needs of global markets for agricultural, credit, currency, emissions, energy and equity index products. ICE serves customers in more than 70 countries. www.theice.com. The following are trademarks of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies: IntercontinentalExchange, ICE, ICE and block design, ICE Futures Europe, ICE Clear Europe, ICE Clear Canada, ICE Clear US, ICE Clear Credit, ICE Futures U.S., and ICE OTC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information regarding registered trademarks owned by IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies, see https://www.theice.com/terms.jhtml
About Platts Platts, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies, is a leading global energy, petrochemicals and metals information provider. "Platts", "Platts Crude Oil Market Wire", "Platts European Marketscan", "Platts Asia-Pacific/Arab Gulf Marketscan", "Platts Steel Markets Daily", "Platts Metal Alert", and "The Steel Index's Iron Ore Daily Edition" are trademarks of The McGraw-Hill Companies. The Steel Business Briefing Group and its specialist pricing unit The Steel Index (TSI) became part of Platts in 2011. Platts' data and trademarks are proprietary and are used under license. Platts does not sponsor, endorse, sell or promote exchange contracts and Platts accepts no liability for the use of Platts data in connection therewith.
About Argus Argus Media is a leading provider of price assessments, business intelligence, market data, consultancy and conferences on the global crude, oil products, natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, bioenergy, fertilizer and transportation industries. Argus energy and fertilizer prices are widely used by leading companies, governments and international agencies as benchmarks in supply contracts, risk management and planning. "ARGUS", is a trademark of Argus Media Limited and are used under license. All copyrights and database rights in Argus data belong exclusively to Argus Media Limited. Argus takes no position on the purchase and sale of exchange contracts and accept no liability in connection with any use of Argus data.
Safe Harbor Statement Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 - Statements in this press release regarding IntercontinentalExchange's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, as filed with the SEC on February 8, 2012, and ICE's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the quarters ended June 30, 2012, as filed with the SEC on August 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012, as filed with the SEC on November 5, 2012.