REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Icontrol Networks, a leader in the smart home industry, today announced newly certified devices joining its ecosystem: LG's Smart Refrigerator, SkyBell HD Wi-Fi video doorbell, and Bttn's Wi-Fi Smart Button. Through Icontrol's cloud integration technology, LG, Skybell and Bttn were able to independently and seamlessly gain certification through the Icontrol Developer Program, making them compatible with any Icontrol-powered solution.
"To reach mass adoption of the smart home, we need to remove technological barriers and ensure people can pick and choose their devices," said Bob Hagerty, CEO of Icontrol Networks. "By introducing cloud-based integration, we've streamlined the processes required to interoperate with our solutions, allowing our ecosystem to grow faster than ever."
The newly certified devices enable the companies' shared users to get the most out of their smart home:
LG's Smart Refrigerator
- Users can control the fridge temperature and ice maker, and filter odors remotely.
- Triggers and actions let homeowners create home notifications via their Icontrol system to alert them when the door is open or the air/water filters need changing.
- Goes into energy savings mode when the security system is armed.
- Allows the Icontrol security system to extend its coverage to the front door.
- Triggers and actions allow users to create rules that start or end with the SkyBell HD.
- Turn on porch lights and lock the door when SkyBell HD detects motion or the button is pressed.
- Take screenshots and watch recorded clips of a visitor at the front door.
By pushing the bttn, the user triggers a pre-defined action or chain of actions. Some common uses include:
- Push the "good night switch" bttn to lock doors, turn off lights, activate video surveillance, and lower temperatures for the night. Press the same bttn again in the morning to wake up the house.
- Easily activate or disable the security alarm mode with the bttn.
- Toggle the living room lighting between normal and TV watching modes.
- Check-in bttn for children – press to lock the doors and send an "I'm at home" SMS to parents.
"Through this simple process, SkyBell can now reach millions of residents with an Icontrol-powered smart home solution and help them enjoy a safer home," said Andrew Thomas, co-founder of SkyBell. "Icontrol's cloud integration technology is a game-changer."
"We are excited to show consumers how easy it is to experience the cost savings associated with a smarter home," said Eugene Yoo, head of the Open Platform Alliance Team at Cloud Center of LG. "Being part of Icontrol's ecosystem gives us the opportunity to help more people save money while also making their lives easier and more convenient."
The Icontrol Developer Program allows any cloud-based, ZigBee, Wi-Fi or Z-Wave connected device to more easily integrate with Icontrol-powered solutions. To learn more, visit: www.icontrol.com/developers.
About Icontrol Networks
Icontrol Networks' vision is to provide a connected home solution for every household, so people worldwide spend less time managing their lives and more time living them. Icontrol is making the connected home a reality through its software platforms which are deployed by service providers and home security companies of all sizes, and the all-in-one Piper smart home security system for consumers. Icontrol is further pioneering the next generation of connected living through its Icontrol Developer Program, the first community for application and device makers to partner on a common platform. Venture investors in Icontrol include Charles River Ventures, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers iFund, and Intel Capital, with strategic investments from a variety of service providers including ADT, Comcast Ventures, Comporium and Rogers Communications. For more information about Icontrol Networks, Icontrol One (for independent service providers) and Piper visit icontrol.com, icontrolone.com and getpiper.com.
SOURCE Icontrol Networks