SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- DataDirect Networks (DDN) has been named a leader in the recent IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2014 Vendor Assessment, doc #253055, December 2014.
- This latest report assessed the ability of vendors in the object-based storage (OBS) market to deliver object-based storage offerings and compete effectively in the market. According to IDC, "As businesses move toward petabyte-scale data storage, OBS solutions are turning out to be the right choice for balancing scale, complexity, and costs."
- DDN's position as a leader in the report directly reflects the company's success with DDN WOS® adoption among end users in HPC, data analytics, content distribution, cloud and data archive solutions.
- IDC also recognizes DDN's ability to leverage its object storage offerings as an integrated tier within DDN's broader product portfolio as a benefit to the world's most demanding large scale and performance intensive environments. WOS is available as both a hardware-based appliance and as a software solution that can be integrated on the users' hardware platform of choice.
- According to the report, "DDN's WOS is a scale-out object storage platform specifically designed for semi-structured and unstructured data applications that value the scalability and economy that DDN's WOS enables, while also requiring or favoring performance levels that support even the most demanding SLAs."
- The ideal solution for applications ranging from web origins and collaborative workflows to content delivery and active archive, WOS is the only object storage platform with complete flexibility in data protection schemes and offers a complete set of access protocols (REST, WOS API, S3, CIFS/NFS, GPFS and Lustre). Massively scalable and highly reliable, WOS is equipped to cost effectively solve organizations unstructured data needs.
- Molly Rector, CMO and SVP of Product Management
"Our position as a leader in the IDC MarketScape is a result of our commitment to innovation and to delivering an end-to-end data lifecycle management solution from compute to archive and the cloud. DDN has over 15 years of history delivering market leading solutions to data intensive, large scale environments around the world. Our long experience with solutions at large scale, that often span multiple datacenters, and typically are accessed by hundreds or thousands of users, make DDN a trusted provider for data intensive environments."
About IDC MarketScape:
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is a leader in data center infrastructure for Big Data and Cloud Storage applications. Our data storage and processing solutions and professional services enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, financial services, media production, and security and intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise. For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call +1-800-TERABYTE (837-2298).
©2015 All rights reserved. DataDirect Networks, Inc., DDN and WOS, are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
DDN Media Contact:
Corporate Communications Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE DDN (DataDirect Networks)