NEW YORK and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- /RSA Conference, Booth #2637/ -- Identity Finder, LLC, a global leader in identity theft prevention and information protection, today announces Identity Finder version 5.0 with new searching support for e-mail systems and enterprise servers, centralized remediation and configuration management and vastly improved application performance.
Identity Finder helps reduce the risk of data leakage and identity theft by locating and securing sensitive information in all file types, on file servers, e-mail servers, network databases, company websites and desktop hard drives. Identity Finder then enables administrators and end-users to digitally shred, redact, encrypt or quarantine the information based on specific policies and requirements.
- According to a Ponemon Institute survey, the average data breach costs an organization $6.6 million, or approximately $200 per breached record.
- The Privacy Rights Clearinghouse reports that since 2005, approximately 500 million data records of U.S. residents have been exposed due to security breaches.
- The Identity Theft Resource Center recorded a nearly 33 percent increase in data breaches from 2009 to 2010, with over 16,167,542 records exposed.
New Features of Identity Finder DLP Console 5.0:
- Remote Remediation – Enables administrators to remotely perform remediation on endpoints from a centralized console
- Enhanced, Flexible Reporting – Provides administrators with enterprise-wide customized reports
- Improved Intuitive Interface – Increases usability and customization capabilities
- Advanced Data Filtering – Enables users to analyze mission-critical data in real time
New Features of Identity Finder for Windows 5.0:
- Accuracy – Improved search algorithms reduce false positives and enhance discovery
- Performance – Multi-core processing improves performance by enabling concurrent analysis
- Firefox 4 and IE9 Ready – Enhanced search includes the newest releases of these popular Web browsers
- Lotus Notes-Compatible – Additional search locations enable users to search Notes E-mail databases
- SharePoint-Compatible – Improved ability to search Web pages and file attachments across SharePoint servers
- Exchange Server Ready – Direct support for searching emails and attachments within Exchange Server mailboxes
- Deeper Search – New functions to search and shred Windows shadow files and previous versions
New Features of Identity Finder for Mac 5.0:
- Speed – Improved search history enables faster periodic searching
- Enhanced Remediation – New scrub capability to redact data in Office 2007 files.
- E-Mail Searching – Additional search locations enable users to search e-mail messages and attachments within MBOX mail files
- More Control – Enhanced Policy Configuration makes it easier to set enterprise data management policies and schedule searches
- Comprehensive Analysis – New MultiFind Mode enables complex data searches such as PCI and PHI data
Links and Resources:
- Additional information on Identity Finder version 5.0 (http://www.identityfinder.com/us/Business/IdentityFinder/Preview5)
- How Identity Finder works (http://www.identityfinder.com/us/HowItWorks)
- Todd Feinman, CEO of Identity Finder, said: "Hackers and identity thieves continue to employ more sophisticated methods to gain access to private information for personal gain. Identity Finder 5.0 helps organizations and individuals locate and secure old, forgotten sensitive information. Typical hard drives can hold gigabytes of information, and knowing exactly where social security numbers, birth dates, credit card numbers and other confidential information may be lurking is an insurmountable task for any one person. Identity Finder uses advanced algorithms to locate this kind of information, and then ensures that it is removed or secured."
Identity Finder 5.0 will be generally available in early March at www.identityfinder.com. Existing users of Identity Finder may leverage the new auto-update feature to easily update current versions of Identity Finder.
About Identity Finder
Identity Finder's technology empowers users with tools to prevent identity theft and data leakage by finding and protecting sensitive data. They have quickly grown to become a leader in identity protection and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) by helping millions of consumers, small businesses, and enterprises across the world. For more information, visit www.identityfinder.com.
SOURCE Identity Finder, LLC