ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- (HIMSS Annual Conference – Booth #1108) – Identity Finder, LLC, the global leader in data-at-rest data loss prevention (DLP), today announced the release of its Healthcare DLP solution that automatically locates and secures Patient Health Information (PHI).
Every time PHI is leaked, it costs a healthcare organization $282 per record in lost customers, damage control, litigation and lost revenue. The healthcare industry spends $6 billion dollars every year to remediate breaches of patient data, in part because the healthcare sector has the highest customer "churn" rate. 6.5 percent of patients leave after a breach, compared to 3.6 percent of customers in other sectors, according to the Ponemon Institute.
Identity Finder Healthcare DLP is a custom solution for healthcare organizations that helps prevent breaches from occurring, assists healthcare professionals with regulatory compliance and minimizes PHI exposure and the resulting liability.
Between 65 percent and 76 percent of all breaches occur when data is stored "at rest" – on a hard drive, for example. In contrast, only 20 to 30 percent of the breaches are due to unauthorized interception during transmission. Since two-thirds of breaches involve stored data, healthcare providers should spend at least that much effort on finding, protecting or shredding stored PHI.
Identity Finder Healthcare DLP helps organizations comply with HIPAA and HITECH privacy requirements, and significantly reduces potential liability.
The software solution provides healthcare organizations with all of the power needed to discover unprotected PHI across the enterprise and prevent breaches before they happen. Identity Finder Healthcare DLP's advanced AnyFind™ technology provides healthcare professionals with:
- Real-time Analytics – Keep the CIO one step ahead of any impending breach.
- Customized Reports – Enable healthcare professionals to make informed decisions and perform intelligent risk analysis.
- Centralized Management – Give decision-makers a dashboard outlook on the organization's PHI assets.
- Powerful Search Algorithms – Maximize accuracy, minimize false positives and find almost any type of PHI imaginable.
- ICD-9 and ICD-10 Compatibility – Identify a range of PHI, including treatment and diagnosis information.
- Comprehensive Network Analysis – Locate sensitive PHI hiding in unexpected places, in any file type, on any computer, database or website.
- Active Employee Participation - Empower employees, the actual data owners, with an easy-to-use interface to take steps to encrypt, redact, quarantine or destroy unwanted PHI.
Links and Resources
About Identity Finder
The Identity Finder technology provides users the ability to prevent identity theft and data leakage by finding and protecting sensitive data. They have quickly grown to become a leader in identity protection and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) by helping millions of consumers, small businesses, and enterprises across the world. For more information, visit www.identityfinder.com.
SOURCE Identity Finder, LLC