Wide range of IEEE journals score high in latest Journal Citation Report
PISCATAWAY, N.J., June 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- IEEE, the world's largest technical professional association for the advancement of technology, publishes the number one journal in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, "IEEE Signal Processing Magazine," according to the 2009 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Report, released June 2010. IEEE journals across several technology areas also earned high rankings in this Impact Factor report.
IEEE placed 16 of the top 20 journals in Electrical & Electronic Engineering — leading the category for another year. IEEE also publishes the number one journal in Automation & Control Systems, Computer ScienceSoftware Engineering, and Robotics.
According to the 2009 Journal Citation Report, IEEE publishes:
- 16 of the top 20 journals in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- 9 of the top 10 journals in Telecommunications
- 6 of the top 10 journals in Computer Science, Hardware & Architecture
- 3 of the top 5 journals in Automation & Control Systems
- 3 of the top 5 journals in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- 2 of the top 5 journals in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence
- 2 of the top 5 journals in Robotics
The Journal Citation Report offers a systematic, objective means to critically evaluate the world's leading journals. By compiling articles' cited references, the Journal Citation Report helps to measure research influence and impact, and shows the relationship between citing and cited journals.
IEEE, the world's largest technical professional association, is dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice on a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics. Learn more at http://www.ieee.org.