HOUSTON, Oct. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Integrated Electrical Services (Nasdaq: IESC) (www.ies-co.com), one of the nation's largest electrical and communications contractors, announced it will exhibit its extensive electrical and communications capabilities in Booth 2219 at North America's largest business-to-business solar event, Solar Power International 2010, opening Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
As a leading electrical and communications contractor, IES offers specialized services in the design and construction of electrical systems for renewable electric power projects nationwide. IES has extensive commercial, industrial and residential experience, having executed multiple high-profile solar projects across a diverse range of sectors, including healthcare, single and multifamily residential projects, office buildings, retail and distribution and higher education.
IES' extensive list of solar experience includes:
- Electrical services for a west coast facility that became the first in the United States to produce enough renewable electric power to meet all of its power needs.
- A solar farm built on over 14 acres on a healthcare campus in New Jersey, the largest of its kind in the state.
- The installation of a 20 acre solar farm providing power to a 4,100 student graduate and doctoral research university in Maryland.
- Photovoltaic installation at a Midwest university that produces enough energy to become one of the first "net-zero" energy use buildings in the state.
- A LEED Gold certified, Class A home office building in Oregon with natural lighting, native landscaping, solar power systems, low-impact construction materials and covered bicycle parking with changing rooms and showers that is 34.5 percent more energy-efficient than required by Oregon code.
- A groundbreaking renewable energy program at a New Jersey retail mall that sells power back to its tenants at a fixed and discounted price.
- Electrical services for the first residential development in the Southwestern United States to provide as standard a combination of solar power, LEED certification and Environments for Living (EFL) building methods.
"Renewable resources will continue to drive the new energy economy, and IES is keenly aware of the need for qualified and experienced partners focused on the safe, efficient and reliable delivery of sustainable power," said Michael Caliel, president and chief executive officer of IES. "IES has the expertise, resources, capabilities and proven safety record to ensure success regardless of location or project scale."
Solar Power International (SPI), previously called the Solar Power Conference and Expo, is expected to attract more than 22,000 professional attendees from 70 countries, including manufacturers, integrators, installers, utilities, investors, builders, architects, large energy users, policymakers, and others with a business interest in solar. The event has established itself as the premier solar event in the US, growing significantly each year since its inception in 2004.
IES is a leading national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets. From office buildings to wind farms to housing developments, IES designs, builds and maintains electrical and communications systems for a diverse array of customers, projects and locations. For more information about IES, please visit www.ies-co.com.
Integrated Electrical Services
713/860-8082, 713/865-0620 or
Laura M. Pennino
Pennino and Partners for IES
281/286-9398, 713/419 1776 or
SOURCE Integrated Electrical Services