LOS ANGELES, March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction patents from Jason A. Denise directed to improved techniques for handling events and alerts on a communication device using, for example, image analysis. The lot will be included in the 15th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on March 29, 2012, at Terranea Resort near Los Angeles, California.
Communication devices are pre-configured to provide alerts on various activities and events such as the reception of a call or message. Managing such alerts requires constant attention and precious time, often inconveniencing the user. Further, users are required to separately handle the actual events and their corresponding alerts. There is a need to minimize the efforts and time spent by the users in managing alerts and events on their communication devices.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This portfolio discloses many approaches for controlling the various functionalities of a communication device using image processing and other techniques.
- Intelligent techniques may be used in handling ignored communications differently than missed communications to assist users in responding to the missed communications while avoiding unnecessary interruptions for the ignored communications.
- Face recognition may be performed to control device functions.
- The device's camera is automatically activated and captures images of the user based on an event (e.g., an incoming call).
- Images are then analyzed to determine presence of the user and to authenticate him.
- Further, the communication device may analyze the position or presence of the user in such images to recognize if the user has perceived or acknowledged the occurrence of the event. Other sensors and user input (e.g., an ignore button) may be used to recognize if the user has perceived or acknowledged the occurrence of the event.
- Also, the communication device may handle the occurred event based on the acknowledgement of the user. (Images of the user are captured when a call is received at a phone, and these images are used to detect if the user has noticed the call or not.)
- Further, a call may be rejected or selected based on this detection.
- A self-learning module is included for learning the activities of the user and improving the process of controlling the communication device.
This is a key strategic portfolio for companies developing software for electronic communication and/or electronic communication devices, particularly mobile communication devices.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Paul Greco of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 212-815-6692 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage