CAMPBELL, Calif., April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Experts released new analysis today, titled In-Building Wireless Infrastructure and the Enterprise. The new report presents deep insight into the convergence of multiple in-building architectures: DAS, Small Cells, CRAN, and Wi-Fi. Over the past six years, Mobile Experts has become the industry's leading analyst firm for Small Cells, DAS, Carrier Wi-Fi, and Cloud RAN, with in-depth analysis in each market area. The new study combines the company's expertise in four different market segments, to show the economics behind each solution in various buildings.
Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts commented, "Recent product announcements show a clear migration toward inexpensive twisted pair cabling and simpler, lower cost signal sources for in-building deployment. We have laid out a future roadmap for these new architectures to take the next step, resulting in a low-cost, multi-operator system that will be easy for an enterprise to buy."
Mr. Madden continued, "In last year's report we compared the cost of various alternatives and set some price targets to open up each vertical market. Many of these price targets are proving to be correct, as we now see enterprise investment growing for in-building solutions. This year, we've taken a step farther in our investigation of enterprise spending, and we've added analysis on the impact of Wi-Fi, License-Assisted Access, Hotspot 2.0, and other unlicensed options."
This report focuses on the convergence of DAS and CRAN architectures, and explains how each new type of in-building equipment will address LTE-Advanced features such as CoMP. This report includes:
- A five-year forecast of in-building wireless equipment, including
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS);
- Small Cells and Small Cell/Controller architectures;
- Low power RRH including split-baseband RRH deployment;
- Cloud RAN systems;
- Repeaters and relays;
- Overall integration of these options with unlicensed wireless options such as LTE-U and LAA.
- Deep-dive analysis into the cost trends in DAS and small cells, including a forward-looking view into expected cost in the future;
- Analysis of enterprise markets, including:
- Convention and conference centers
- Retail shopping malls
- Corporate buildings
- Multi-tenant office buildings
- Industrial buildings
- Regional analysis to illustrate in-building deployment trends for various world markets;
- Profiles of 55 companies involved with in-building deployment; and
- Strategic insight into the future convergence of the DAS architecture with small cells and CRAN functionality.
About Mobile Experts LLC:
Mobile Experts provides insightful market analysis for the mobile infrastructure and mobile handset markets. Our analysts are true Experts, who remain focused on topics where each analyst has 20 years of experience or more. Research topics center on technology introduction for radio frequency (RF) and communications innovation. Recent publications focus on Small Cells, DAS, Carrier Wi-Fi, Macro Base Station Transceivers,Active Antenna Systems, http://mobile-experts.net/product_info.php?products_id=50Backhaul for Small Cells, Cloud RAN, and LTE-Advanced.
SOURCE Mobile Experts LLC