STOCKTON, Calif., Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In-Shape Health Clubs, California's premier destination for fitness, recreation and fun, has kicked off a month-long campaign to support the fight against cancer. The all-club member and employee campaign, called In-Shape Fights Cancer (#InShapeFightsCancer), includes local sponsorships of Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, a donation of up to $15,000 to the American Cancer Society, and several in-club initiatives that build awareness, celebrate courage, and create a community of support around fighting cancer and finding a cure.
"In-Shape's mission is to empower everyone in our community -- at every age and stage of their life – to build and maintain a healthy lifestyle, and disease prevention is obviously a big part of that philosophy," said Francesca Schuler, Chief Marketing Officer of In-Shape Health Clubs. "Our In-Shape Fights Cancer campaign is a simple and impactful way for us to come together in support of a great cause. And since nearly all of us know someone – a friend, co-worker, family member, pet – who has been affected by cancer, it is also a deeply personal initiative that connects with our community."
The In-Shape Fights Cancer campaign (#InShapeFightsCancer) includes the following:
- In-Shape is sponsoring Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks in Stockton (Oct. 8th), Modesto (Oct. 16th), and Bakersfield (Oct. 29th).
- Throughout the month, In-Shape team members will wear "I CAN" Fight Cancer uniforms in support of the campaign.
- In-Shape will disseminate cancer prevention tips to its members via email, newsletters and in community hubs within each club.
- In-Shape is offering all members a free #InShapeFightsCancer wrist band they can wear in support of the community and fundraising effort.
- The #InShapeFightsCancer Instagram campaign encourages people to share their cancer survivor stories and/or post a picture of someone they support in the fight against cancer in clubs and online.
- Finally, In-Shape will donate up to $15,000 to the American Cancer Society and/or local cancer chapters through the following membership initiatives:
- $1 donated to cancer charities for every new membership throughout October
- $1 donated to cancer charities for each referral membership throughout October
- $1 donated to cancer charities for each #InShapeFightsCancer tag on Instagram throughout October
"I am honored and proud that the company I work for has a heart that is kind enough to look beyond sales numbers at causes that impact our health and fitness," said Patrick Moore, a Regional Fitness Manager at In-Shape and father to 12 year-old cancer survivor Austin. "The healthier we are, we decrease all health concerns, including and especially cancer. I love that we are devoting an entire month to this effort, and am excited to be as much a part of this as possible!"
About In-Shape Health Clubs
In-Shape Health Clubs LLC is one of the top 10 health club companies in the United States. Founded in 1981 in Stockton, CA, with one club and a vision for helping people stay healthy, fit and have fun, In-Shape has more than 70 clubs throughout California that combine the best of fitness, recreation and relaxation. With amenities such as free weights, group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pools, cardio equipment, basketball, tennis, racquetball and personal training, In-Shape gives members and their families the perfect mix of fun and fitness. For more information about their clubs, please visit inshape.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/in-shape-health-clubs-stands-up-to-cancer-in-october-300340969.html
SOURCE In-Shape Health Clubs