MILFORD, Conn., May 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- USA.NET, a Perimeter E-Security company, today released a commissioned case study report conducted by The Radicati Group, illustrating the full compliance, cost savings and business productivity gains that a national broker-dealer organization experienced from deploying USA.NET's SaaS Secure Messaging solution. The Radicati Group found that by switching to USA.NET, the customer saved $15,000 a month, while enjoying superior security services, better administration and controls, full compliance with archiving regulations, enhanced wireless support and decreased downtime.
"Today, financial institutions are looking to update their messaging systems to support compliance and regulations implemented by the SEC and FINRA," said Tim Harvey, CEO of Perimeter E-Security. "This case study affirms our financial services market leadership and ability of our SaaS Secure Messaging solution to provide everything a broker-dealer needs to manage messaging in a secure, compliant, comprehensive and cost-efficient way."
The case study illustrates that this organization with over 800 users had outgrown its outdated email provider and was looking for a cloud provider that offered hosted Microsoft Exchange with hosted email encryption services as part of a consolidated suite of services, while staying within its IT budget and meeting key technology requirements.
The company chose USA.NET for its complete suite of hosted email and security services, including SaaS Secure Hosted Email, SaaS Email Security, SaaS Email Encryption, SaaS Archiving and Compliance and Mobile Messaging. In addition, "USA.NET also actively helped with the migration process by designing a number of scripts to automate the migration of end-users' emails to its new solution and taking the company through a number of staged migrations that occurred during off-peak hours," according to the case study.
By implementing USA.NET, the company achieved:
- Integrated email, encryption and archiving services, which can be managed under one interface, helping to reduce the complexity, costs and uncertainty of deploying multiple solutions from multiple providers.
- Ensures full compliance with regulatory review requirements, such as email sampling as required by FINRA and SEC regulations.
- Greater uptime and savings with downtime virtually eliminated. This alone saves the company an estimated $15,000 a month in lost IT administrator time and lost user productivity (based on the previously reported average of three hours of unexpected outages per month).
- Improved business productivity and efficiency across the organization gained by the full feature set of collaboration services and well-integrated mobile support from USA.NET's platform.
- Knowledgeable partner going forward with deep understanding of security requirements to ensure that its solutions will keep pace with evolving security and industry compliance regulations.
- Future proofing of the chosen solution to ensure that it would evolve seamlessly to incorporate new features and technologies without requiring future costly upgrades.
The customer's CIO stated in the report, "Working with USA.NET was very easy, their team was willing to work closely with us on customization and making sure that all our specific project and implementation requirements were being met. We are very pleased with the security features we have gained by deploying USA.NET, and we feel we are finally at the forefront of what security technologies can provide today."
With one million secure messaging users, USA.NET filters 50 million emails per day and handles 240 million security events every day with 200 terabytes of managed archives. The Radicati Group ranked USA.NET as a "Top Player" in both the Hosted Business Email–Market Quadrant 2010 report and the Hosted Microsoft Exchange–Market Quadrant 2010 report.
Perimeter E-Security is the trusted market leader of information security services that delivers enterprise-class protection and compliance. Through its cost-effective and scalable SaaS platform, Perimeter offers the most comprehensive compliance and security solutions that include: end-to-end secure messaging solutions, managed security services, vulnerability management and security consulting services.
For more information about Perimeter, visit www.perimeterusa.com.
Join Our Community
SOURCE Perimeter E-Security