MIAMI, Dec. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading authorities on Indian gaming – including the three sitting members of the National Indian Gaming Commission – will discuss a wide array of policy issues at the January 5-7, 2018, Winter Meeting of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS).
"Our goal at NCLGS is to foster dialogues at the local, state and national levels, so that state and tribal governments can work together as effective partners," said NCLGS President Bill Galvano, President-Designate of the Florida Senate. "Florida has shown that Indian gaming can be a powerful economic generator, and that success rests on a foundation of working together."
Presenters to the NCLGS Committee on Indian Gaming are:
- Jonodev Osceola Chaudhuri, Chair, National Indian Gaming Commission
- Kathryn Isom-Clause, Vice Chair, National Indian Gaming Commission
- Sheila Morago, President, Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association
- E. Sequoyah Simermeyer (Coharie), Associate Commissioner, National Indian Gaming Commission
- Valerie Spicer, President, Trilogy Group and former president, Arizona Indian Gaming Association
Topics critical to the future of commercial and Indian gaming will be addressed at the three-day NCLGS Winter Meeting, which will also include:
- Legislative committee sessions, including State-Federal Relations, Lottery, Responsible Gaming, and Pari-Mutuel
- Three general sessions, including two Masterclasses presented by the International Masters of Gaming Law
- Women in Gaming Keynote Luncheon
- Kickoff Keynote from American Gaming Association President and CEO Geoff Freeman
- Welcome Reception
The Winter Meeting is approved for Continuing Legal Education credits by the Florida Bar (14.0) and the Nevada Board (10.0).
Winter Meeting registration is now open to the public at www.nclgs.org/meetings.html. The conference website includes the full conference agenda, as well as information for special attendee hotel rates at the host Hyatt Regency Miami.
For sponsorship information, contact Dawn Wagner at email@example.com.
NCLGS is the only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the proper regulation of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation.
Spectrum Gaming Group, an independent global consulting firm, serves as NCLGS Executive Director. The firm has completed engagements in 36 US states and territories.
Legislators and others seeking NCLGS membership information should contact Wayne Marlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE National Council of Legislators from Gaming States