WILSONVILLE, Ore., May 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
IESF Conference Highlights
- The 16th annual conference will be held Wednesday, June 1, 2016, at the Ford Convention Center in Dearborn, Mich., USA.
- The keynote speaker will be Lawrence Burns, a leading advisor to the automotive industry and who also served as General Motors Corporate Vice President of Research & Development and Planning from 1998-2009.
- Guest speakers include Matt Jones (Head of IVI at Jaguar Land Rover), Paul Hansen (The Hansen Report), Bill Presley (VP of Electrical Engineering at Lear), Roger Lanctot (Strategy Analytics), Jim Motavalli (EV blogger/journalist from the New York Times).
Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced the agenda for its 16th annual Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum. IESF 2016 is a day-long, free conference which covers all aspects of electrical and electronic design/simulation within the automotive, commercial vehicle and off-highway industries. IESF 2016 will be held Wednesday, June 1, 2016, at the Ford Conference Center in Dearborn, Mich., USA.
The IESF program includes numerous industry presentations, breakout tracks on specialist topics, a solutions exposition, product demonstrations and networking events. IESF continues to be the only event with tracks dedicated to electrical systems design and wire harness engineering in the automotive sector. New to the event this year is a dedicated track on Automotive Functional Safety and ISO26262 topics and sessions on LED lighting thermal design.
Other topics among the 50 sessions include the following:
- Keynote: Lawrence D. Burns, Ph.D. - Transforming Mobility: The Signal in the Noise
- Paul Hansen, Editor, The Hansen Report - Industry Update: Electrical & Electronics 2016 Automotive Industry Trends & Observations
- Bill Presley, Vice President Electrical Engineering, Lear Corporation - CAE Design Validation Testing Trends for Vehicle Systems Development
- Matt Jones, Head of IVI, Jaguar Land Rover - The Growing Sphere of Infotainment - What Does the Customer Actually Want?
- Roger C. Lanctot, Director - Global Automotive Practice, Strategy Analytics - Managing Automotive Software: How the Upcoming FOTA Tidal Wave Will Change Everything
- Jim Motavalli, New York Times - Plugging in the Auto Industry: The Challenges and the Opportunities
- Steve Polakowski, President, ESG Automotive, Inc. - Addressing the Ever Changing Automotive Electrical Design Challenge – Trends, Solutions and Skills!
- Plus another 45 sessions, panels, 8 breakout tracks, a solutions expo and numerous networking events – all in one day!
For more information on IESF, visit: www.mentor.com/iesf
About Mentor Automotive
Mentor Automotive provides a leading portfolio of automotive design tools and software, built on deep expertise in systems engineering, to help customers solve the most complex design challenges facing the industry. Solutions reside in three key areas for automotive electrical and electronic design: connectivity and networking; in-car experience; and sub-systems and technology. More information: www.mentor.com/automotive
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world's most successful electronic, semiconductor and systems companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues in the last fiscal year of approximately $1.18 billion. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. http://www.mentor.com
For more information, please contact:
(Mentor Graphics is a registered trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/industry-experts-gather-for-the-iesf-2016-automotive-electricalelectronic-design-conference-300263488.html
SOURCE Mentor Graphics