SALT LAKE CITY, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Healthcare operations leaders representing Cleveland Clinic, IHI, JCAHO, the IOM, Harvard, HCA, Intel and more are gathering at the 2013 Patient Flow Summit to define and develop industry best practices April 29 – May 2 in Las Vegas.
Industry standards show efficient patient flow enhances care outcomes and operational efficiencies. Additionally, studies indicate 30% of hospitals are actively investing in capacity management solutions. Hospital administrators attend the Patient Flow Summit to garner proven strategies from experienced thought leaders and network with likeminded peers.
"In this environment of accountable care and meaningful use, hospital leaders are seeking measurable healthcare improvement practices," said Darin Vercillo, MD and Central Logic CEO. "Each year, the Patient Flow Summit allows hospital improvers to rub shoulders with leading experts and get answers to their throughput questions. This faculty is an absolute powerhouse of industry innovators, academics and practitioners."
Featured faculty include:
- Eugene Litvak, Ph.D – IOM and AHA committee member; JCAHO patient flow author and seminar leader; CEO, The Institute for Healthcare Optimization
- Joelle LoFaso, RN, BSN – Cleveland Clinic, Director of Admissions, Transfer Center and Hospital Throughput
- Kirk Jensen, MD, MBA, FACEP – IHI faculty and Patient Flow Seminar leader; Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative, panel member
- Mark Blatt, MD, MBA – Intel Worldwide Medical Director
- Josh Kosowsky, MD, FACEP – Brigham & Women's Hospital Clinical Director; Harvard assistant professor
Key discussion topics include:
- Managing variability to increase care outcomes and margins
- Proven ED flow enhancements to reduce wait times and LWBS
- Tactics to enhance care coordination and breakdown departmental silos
- Tools to engage physicians and staff to adopt meaningful change
Central Logic, the innovation leader in hospital patient flow software, is pleased to be the principal event sponsor. HP and Intel are also key contributors, demonstrating their latest healthcare related technologies and solutions as platinum event sponsors.
About Central Logic
Central Logic is the healthcare industry's leading provider of innovative transfer center and bed management solutions. The company's rapid growth is being fueled by its ability to replace antiquated software solutions in the most forward-thinking hospitals and medical systems—such as HCA, Cleveland Clinic, Sutter Health, UPMC and more. Central Logic's consultative team works collaboratively with administrators, staff and physicians to design and implement solutions that increase capacity, while conserving internal resources. For more information, please visit http://www.centrallogic.com/.
 Capsite™, "31% of U.S. Hospitals Plan to Invest in Patient Flow Solutions," November 13, 2012.
SOURCE Central Logic