DALLAS, Jan. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ :TXN ) today introduced the industry's first signal conditioner capable of driving the serial-attached SCSI (SAS-3) protocol. In addition to supporting the faster data rates of the newest SCSI standard, the DS125BR800A multi-protocol repeater is compatible with existing 3-Gbps and 6-Gbps SAS link rates used in data center applications. It also supports the PCI Express (PCIe) Gen-1, Gen-2, Gen-3 and SATA 1.5-Gbps, 3-Gbps and 6-Gbps interface standards. This flexibility allows equipment manufacturers to employ one device for multiple protocols with data rates up to 12.5 Gbps. For information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/ds125br800a-pr.
The 8-channel, unidirectional DS125BR800A consumes 35 percent less power and doubles the interconnect reach of current solutions, while enabling seamless management of the link training protocol. Additional SAS-3 multi-protocol repeaters will be available this year. These SAS-3 devices join a comprehensive family of repeaters and retimers that combat signal impairments caused by insertion loss, jitter, reflections and crosstalk in high-speed enterprise server, storage and router applications.
Key features and benefits of the DS125BR800A:
- Highest signal conditioning performance: 24-dB input equalization and 12-dB output de-emphasis compensate for insertion loss, extending reach up to 30 inches of FR-4 or eight meters of copper cable.
- Lowest power and system cost: Supports a single supply voltage, consumes a mere 65 mW per channel, and reduces cost by eliminating the need for an external reference clock and power supply filter.
- Easy to use: Multiple configuration options, including pins, SMBus or direct-EEPROM load, eliminates software programming, while each device's flow-through pinout eases layout.
Tools and support
The DS125BR800AEVM evaluation module (EVM) is available today for a suggested retail price of US$499. It comes with an EVM user guide and an IBIS-AMI model that enable designers to verify board signal integrity and evaluate the device's signal conditioning features.
Support is available on the High Speed Interface Forum in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can search for solutions, get help, share knowledge and solve problems with fellow engineers and TI experts.
Complementary signal chain solutions
Engineers can develop a robust system solution by combining the 8-channel, unidirectional DS125BR800A with the TLK10034 10-Gbps SerDes, DS125DF410 retimer, DS80PCI800 PCIe repeater, LMK03806 clock generator, and an LM75A or TMP75 temperature sensor.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The DS125BR800A is available today in a 10-mm by 5.5-mm, 54-pin QFN package for a suggested retail price of US$7.45 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's signal conditioning ICs by visiting the links below:
- Order DS125BR800A samples.
- Purchase the DS125BR800AEVM evaluation module.
- Download the DS125BR800A data sheet.
- See the TI interface portfolio.
- Check out our new Analog Wire blog series, Get Connected, where we'll tackle topics like Gigabit serial links, jitter, and Ethernet/CPRI standards.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments