TOKYO, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wi-SUN® Alliance, a global ecosystem of organizations creating interoperable wireless solutions for use in energy management and smart-utility network applications, today announced the first Wi-SUN Alliance certified products. Wi-SUN members LAPIS Semiconductor Co., Ltd, NICT (Japan's National Institute of Information and Communications Technology) and Silver Spring Networks (NYSE: SSNI) completed testing to achieve Wi-SUN PHY certification according to the Alliance's recently announced Global Certification Program.
The industry's first certified products include:
- LAPIS Semiconductor ML7396B evaluation system
- NICT Hyper Wi-SUN 3
- Silver Spring Networks Gen4 product portfolio
These three members completed the Wi-SUN Alliance Global Certification Program, which consists of:
- PHY Conformance Testing based on specifications from IEEE802.15.4g. Test plans were developed through a rigorous, phased process, and approved by Wi-SUN Alliance membership.
- PHY Interoperability of Smart Utility Network systems based on products from multiple silicon vendors. Products are verified for operation in international regulatory bands including Asia, North America, and South America.
- Testing and Supervision by TUV Rheinland Group, a leading provider of technical services with a global network of qualified test facilities with locations in 65 countries.
"Today's announcement is significant not only for the companies involved, but also for the Alliance," said Phil Beecher, Chairman of the Wi-SUN Alliance. "Having three different companies complete stringent testing of multiple products, based on silicon from both LAPIS Semiconductor and Analog Devices, Inc., and performed in multiple geographical locations, should afford the industry great confidence in the global, inclusive, and rigorous nature of the specifications and processes included in our Global Certification Program."
Numerous Wi-SUN members were actively engaged in creating the formal Wi-SUN PHY test plan, a key element of the complete certification process. Additionally, Wi-SUN Alliance members continue interoperability testing of the Wi-SUN Echonet and Field Area Network (FAN) profiles, both of which are underpinned by the Wi-SUN PHY specification and its related Certification Program.
For more information on the Wi-SUN Alliance Global Certification Program, please visit: www.wi-sun.org.
About the Wi-SUN Alliance
The Wi-SUN Alliance is an association of companies working together to enable reliable, cost-effective, low-power wireless Utility products based on open global standard IEEE 802.15.4g. The Wi-SUN Alliance comprises solutions from original equipment manufacturers worldwide. Membership is open to all corporations. Additional information may be found at www.wi-sun.org.
SOURCE Wi-SUN Alliance