FRANKLIN, Tenn., Jan. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Infiniti today announced details of the most comprehensive marketing initiative in its 20-year history – a multi-level, multi-platform agreement with ESPN, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) and the SEC (Southeastern Conference) and Big Ten Conferences. The integrated package of sponsorships, content-driven original programming and online and social media extensions is designed to provide college basketball enthusiasts with a "360-degree look" at the inspired stories behind the run up to the 2010 NCAA Men's College Basketball Championship.
The comprehensive television, print and digital media campaign tips off today and runs through the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game on April 5th. The campaign will spotlight Infiniti's "Inspired Performance" brand messages, as well as individual models such as the newly redesigned 2010 Infiniti G. The all-new 2011 Infiniti M performance luxury sedan will make its television debut during the tip off of the NCAA Championship. The Infiniti M, which features inspired technology such as the world's first Blind Spot Intervention™ System, is scheduled to go on sale at Infiniti dealers nationwide in spring 2010.
"College basketball, and particularly the NCAA Championship Tournament, is one of those special moments in time that everyone looks forward to every year. Infiniti is proud to be a major player this year in support of the NCAA Basketball, the SEC and Big Ten Conferences and college hoops fans from coast-to-coast," said Ben Poore, vice president, Infiniti Business Unit. "With this multi-platform approach and the creation of unique editorial content in conjunction with the National Association of Basketball Coaches, we're creating a great space from which to promote our brand and launch the exciting new Infiniti M sedan."
Key elements include:
- The "Infiniti College Basketball Tip-Off," which airs on ESPN prior the start of eight top college match-ups beginning Jan. 23rd, including seven Saturday Primetime games and one Tuesday night game. The show features one-on-one interviews with the head coaches from each team, focusing on the role of inspiration – how they inspire, how they were inspired and how it enables them to lead their players and supporters to deeper, richer experiences.
- An additional "Inspiring Coaches" Spotlight Series will be available prior to each spotlight game on ESPN.com, ESPN mobile and the Infiniti Facebook page. Hosted by ESPN.com's senior college basketball writer Andy Katz, the series features fifteen coaches, including Mike Krzyzewski, Duke; Bill Self, Kansas; Tom Izzo, Michigan State; Billy Donovan, Florida; and Roy Williams, North Carolina.
- "What To Watch For" teasers during the week leading up to each Saturday Primetime game, along with spots in the ESPNews "Infiniti Saturday Recap."
- ESPN Mobile will introduce "Game of the Night" branding and create a surround experience around Infiniti's exclusive "Inspiring Coaches" video and text components, giving fans a look at the week's premier games from all angles, including analysis from the network's top talent.
- "Official Luxury Vehicle" of the SEC and Big Ten Conferences and on-site fan experiences at conference championship tournaments.
- USA Today and Facebook post-game ads.
"Infiniti is working with ESPN to bring the inspired stories behind the competition to life, both on TV and across digital media," said Poore. "We're creating our own platform with our original themed content and new media applications and extensions to build awareness of Infiniti and our exciting Infiniti luxury performance vehicles."
Infiniti offers a full-line of luxury performance automobiles, including the G Coupe, Sedan and first-ever Convertible, M sedan, EX and FX crossovers, and the QX full-size SUV. More information about Infiniti and its Total Ownership Experience(R) can be found at www.InfinitiUSA.com.
ESPN, Inc. is the world's leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring a portfolio of over 50 multimedia sports assets. The company is comprised of six domestic television networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, ESPNU), ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS and ESPNU HD simulcast services, ESPN Regional Television, ESPN International (46 networks, syndication, radio, web sites), ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Enterprises, ESPN PPV, ESPN Zones (sports-themed restaurants), and other growing new businesses including ESPN360.com (Broadband), ESPN Mobile Properties, ESPN on Demand and ESPN Interactive. Based in Bristol, Ct., ESPN is 80 percent owned by ABC, Inc., which is an indirect subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. The Hearst Corporation holds a 20 percent interest in ESPN.
About the NABC Foundation
The NABC Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the National Association of Basketball Coaches and supports the operation, marketing and special events of the College Basketball Experience (CBE) theme park and National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame at the Sprint Center in Kansas City; and funds and supports the Ticket to Reading Rewards middle school reading program in school systems around the country. Duke University head coach Mike Krzyzewski serves as current president of the NABC Foundation.