DUBAI, UAE and MUSCAT, Oman, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Infiniti's M Sedan has won 'Best Premium Car' from the Automan Magazine Car of the Year awards in Oman. Automan has instituted the Car of the Year awards to celebrate its twelfth anniversary in print.
"In a segment filled with highly competitive products, it is an accolade for the Infiniti M to have been judged the best offering on the market in its class," said Juergen Schmitz, General Manager, Infiniti Middle East. "Infiniti is committed to the Middle Eastern market and is investing heavily in its offering here: recognition of our product's merits from those ideally placed to impartially judge which is best is reward indeed."
Speaking at the award ceremony, Automan's publisher Hatim Al Taie said, "The Infiniti M has won the category against stiff competition from entrenched leaders because of its sheer excellence, powerful engine choices and transmission refinement. The car's unique styling also makes it an instant head turner."
Automan's Editor Raj Warrior added, "The Infiniti M brings a bundle of thrill and excitement to the luxury sedan segment while offering class-leading build quality, engineering and styling. The feature-package and value for money aspect of the Infiniti M cannot be ignored too, as it takes on the mantle of the flagship Infiniti sedan."
The Infiniti M is offered in M37 and M56 model designations. The Infiniti M37 features a refined, powerful and efficient 328hp 3.7-liter V6 engine and a range-topping 402hp 5.6-liter V8 for those wanting ultimate performance and luxury. Both the Infiniti M37 and M56 engines feature Infiniti's advanced VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) system and all models are equipped with a standard 7-speed automatic transmission. The M56 engine also utilizes Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG™) technology.
The Infiniti M37 and M56 sedans come in rear-wheel drive configuration and in a choice of grade levels. The Infiniti M37 can be specified in three different grades - 'Excellence', 'Luxury' and 'Sport' - while the M56 is available in two grades - 'Luxury' and 'Sport. Even the M37 'Excellence' grade comes equipped to a very high standard of specification.
The Sport grade Infiniti M37 and M56 secure a number of exterior and interior cosmetic enhancements as well as sport brakes, bigger 20-inch wheels and tires, magnesium paddle shifters and Infiniti's 4-Wheel Active Steer (4 WAS) system.
The Infiniti M is a showcase for Infiniti's advanced, user-focused technologies, carrying on the tradition of the previous generation M. Technologies include:
- Infiniti Drive Mode Selector, a four-mode driver-selectable control of throttle and transmission mapping that helps optimize vehicle performance (also adjusts 4-Wheel Active Steer settings with available Sport Package and Active Trace Control
- Active Noise Control, which reduces undesirable engine harmonics, providing a quieter cabin
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) helps alert the driver if another vehicle is detected in the blind spot area
- Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI), a world's first system that in the event of unintended drift, enhances BSW with selective braking to help the driver return the vehicle back toward the center of the lane of travel away from the vehicle in the blind spot area
- Forest Air™ system, which helps reduce the intrusion of unpleasant odors into the cabin and provides a more natural breeze-like airflow
- Double-piston Shock Absorbers that control damping force according to frequency of input from the road surface
- Enhanced Intelligent Key, memory now remembers last used audio, navigation and climate control settings for each key (in addition to linking to seat, steering wheel and side view mirror positions through the dual occupant memory system)
- Premium Pack, optional on Luxury and Sport grades includes White Ash wood with silver powder coating and Semi-aniline leather seat facings. The exquisite crafted feel reassures the owner of the quality and attention to detail behind the M.
- Rear Entertainment System, optional on Luxury grade, features dual 7-inch color monitors, two pairs of wireless headphones, and auxiliary input jacks.
Infiniti, the luxury automotive brand from Japan, reflects its brand promise "Inspired Performance" with a model line-up of sedans, coupes, SUVs and crossovers featuring exhilarating performance, emotive design and cutting edge technology. Infiniti continues to launch across the globe through a dedicated network of Infiniti Centers that share a commitment to exceptional hospitality throughout the entire period of ownership."