LAS VEGAS, April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether you're attending Interop conference in person at the Mandalay Bay resort, or keeping tabs on what's going on from your office desk, the editors of InformationWeek now have a new way for you to see and hear what some of the most important names in the industry have to say about the future of IT.
At Interop 2015, InformationWeek debuts the News Desk -- a live video stream broadcast from the showroom floor on Wednesday, April 29, and Thursday, April 30. Readers can tune-in and watch these special live broadcasts from Informationweek.com during the show.
For those who are in attendance, you can stop by and watch the live broadcast from the showroom floor near the Interop HQ pavilion (Booth 638). The News Desk kicks off on Wednesday at 11 a.m. PT and will continue until 2 p.m. On Thursday, the broadcast starts again at 11 a.m. PT and runs through 12:45 p.m.
The InformationWeek news desk is hosted by Sara Peters, a senior editor at Dark Reading and a contributor to Informationweek.com. In addition, Brian Gillooly, vice president for Event Content and Strategy at UBM, and Stephanie Stahl, vice president for Content Marketing at UBM, will host interviews with several special guests.
UBM is the parent company of both Interop and InformationWeek.
For the first-ever broadcast of the InformationWeek News Desk, Peters will talk with several technology luminaries, who are also speaking as part of this year's Interop conference, which kicks off on Tuesday, April 28.
The guests for this special live broadcast on Informationweek.com include:
- Gerri Martin-Flickinger, CIO and senior vice president at Adobe, who will talk about the rapid pace of innovation in the IT industry today.
- UrsHolzle, who holds the distinction of being Employee No. 8 at Google, and is now senior vice president of technical engineering, and a Google Fellow. He'll discuss how the search company's development process has changed over the years.
- Kurt Opsahl, the General Counsel of Electronic Frontier Foundation, who will talk about privacy in the US and the fallout from the revelations of the NSA's spying program.
- Evan Maloney, a Distinguished Engineer for mobile at Gilt Groupe, will give readers a look the world of mobile application development from the inside.
- For political junkies, Harper Reed, the CTO for President Obama's 2012 presidential campaign, and currently the CEO of mobile commerce company Modest, will talk politics, technology, and everything in between.
- Finally, Brian Shield, vice president of IT for the Boston Red Sox, will show how technology influences everything at Fenway Park, from the fan experience to the effectiveness of the front office.
In addition to these special guests, InformationWeek Editor Chris Murphy will stop by to keep readers current about this year's InformationWeek Leadership Conference, which is happening the same week as Interop.
Murphy will also talk about this year's Elite 100 winners from the show.
For those in the audience interested in analytics, Community Editor David Wagner will discuss what he learned at a special round table discussion hosted by the All Analytics website.
Readers will also hear from a number of executives at top technology companies including IP Infusion, FixStream, LiquidPlanner, Cloud Velox, AKIPS, and Cloud Genix. Many of these businesses will have booths on display at this year's Interop show.
From cloud computing, to software-defined networking, to how CIOs and tech executives are dealing with a wide-array of technological changes, Interop and InformationWeek are helping IT professionals do their jobs better by arming them with the latest information. Please join us at Informationweek.com for the first-ever News Desk broadcast this week.
InformationWeek is the leading news and analysis media brand for business technology decision-makers, serving CIOs and other IT leaders in a range of industries through its award-winning community website, digital magazines, and live events. For more information, go to http://www.informationweek.com/.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties, and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content, and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full-range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development, and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM LLC, a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com/.
SOURCE UBM Americas