SEOUL, South Korea, Feb. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Currently the fastest-selling document solution for mobile devices
- Leading the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend by allowing users to effectively view, edit, and create documents
INFRAWARE, an innovative mobile software and service company that helps people work and play better, announced today that global sales of its flagship product, Polaris Office, have reached a milestone of 300 million unit sales as of January 31, 2013. Polaris Office now ranks as the fastest-selling document solution for mobile devices, with approximately 5.4 copies sold every second worldwide, since the app was first released in May 2011.
"The speed at which we have hit this milestone is clear indication that the mobile office work trend is now here in full force, and mobile technology rapidly moving towards replacing PCs," said Mr. Min Cheol Kwak, CEO of INFRAWARE. "As a leader in the BYOD arena, INFRAWARE is committed to the development of further innovations delivering enhanced user benefits and productivity."
A definitive mobile office platform, Polaris Office is the result of the company's ample investment based on accumulated technologies. The app allows users to easily view, edit and create documents on their mobile devices in various file types including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF. Polaris Office also provides users seamless access to popular primary storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive.
Compatible with both Android and iOS, Polaris Office is utilized in about 190 countries and is pre-installed in over 50% of Android smartphones made by global manufacturers including Samsung, LG, HTC, ASUS, ZTE, Huawei and Panasonic. It also has ranked at the top of the business category of iTunes since the launch of the iOS version in April 2012 [http://bit.ly/XGLiKn].
INFRAWARE will showcase Polaris Office at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013. Visitors to INFRAWARE's booth #7G90, located in Hall 7, Korean Pavilion, will get the opportunity to experience the hottest business mobile office application today on a variety of smart devices.
Reference: BYOD Trend, Mobile Device vs. PC Market
According to studies from leading research firms, the adoption of mobile devices for multi-use purposes is rapidly increasing:
- Ovum indicates that 57.1 percent of full-time employees engage in some form of BYOD across 17 markets including: Brazil, Russia, India, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, UK, and the US.
- A 2012 global survey of CIOs by PwC found that 28 percent said their workforce was using personal devices for work-related tasks. That percentage is expected to rise to 35% by mid-2013.
Mobile devices are also now increasingly replacing PCs:
- According to a report by the NPD Group, almost 4 in 10 PC users are now accessing content on their tablets and smartphones.
- The research firm IDC reported that total PC shipments in 2012 were approximately 352 million while a total of 712 million smartphones were sold globally.
- Gartner predicts that overall sales of smartphones will reach nearly 1 billion this year.
- NPD DisplaySearch reported that tablet PC shipments are expected to reach more than 240 million units worldwide in 2013, easily exceeding the projection for 207 million notebook PC shipments.
INFRAWARE (KOSDAQ: 041020) is an innovative mobile solution and service company. The company led the mobile web browser market during the feature phone era, providing its solution to phone makers like Samsung and LG. The experience became a cornerstone for the development of Polaris Office, allowing INFRAWARE to again make inroads in the mobile solution market. Additional information about INFRAWARE is available at www.infraware.co.kr / www.polarisoffice.com / www.facebook.com/InfrawareGlobal
Manager /Product Planning Team