KANSAS CITY, Mo., Nov. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Infusion Express, a patient-focused alternative to hospital infusion centers, is opening several new treatment centers as part of a national expansion, advancing a new paradigm of patient care in the tradition-bound infusion drug therapy business. The five new Infusion Express clinics opening in the Chicago, Philadelphia and San Francisco metropolitan areas will enable individuals with chronic conditions for the first time to enjoy high-quality care in a convenient, comfortable, private setting with extended hours, including evenings and Saturdays.
Until now, patients with autoimmune disorders and other chronic conditions who need regular drug infusion treatments had just two choices, a hospital or, less frequently, a physician's office. Since infusion treatment can take several hours, the limited availability and short business hours of these settings pose a significant disruption to patients' lives—often compounded by administrative hassles and parking expenses. Moreover, the high cost of hospital infusions—up to four times more expensive than infusions in stand-alone clinics—has led some health insurers to discourage physicians from referring patients to hospital-based clinics.
"Patients who need regular infusions often are deeply inconvenienced by their conditions and yearn to feel empowered to choose where and when they get treatments. They lead busy lives and want to minimize treatment disruptions so they can get back to work, school, friends and family," said Don Peterson, CEO and founder, Infusion Express. "We've created an alternative for patients across the country that offers the same high-quality healthcare they receive at a hospital or doctor's office but in a setting where they're treated like a guest, not just a patient."
Infusion Express contracts with self-insured employers and most health plans as an in-network provider for their employees and members. By providing high-quality infusions in a standalone outpatient setting, Infusion Express provides its customers substantial savings over hospital-based infusions.
Infusion Express currently operates three clinics in the Kansas City area and is opening five more in the following locations as a first step in its national expansion:
Opening Nov. 29
70 E Swedesford Rd Ste 130
Malvern, PA 19355
Opening Dec. 7
66 Bovet Rd #105
San Mateo, CA 94402
Opening Dec. 13
2601 Compass Rd Ste 140
Glenview, IL 60026
Opening Dec. 14
1033 E Woodfield Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Opening in January 2017
43360 Mission Blvd #100
Fremont, CA 94539
The Malvern clinic is located near the offices of Cerner, the healthcare information technology giant that employs nearly 5,000 people in the Philadelphia area. In January, Cerner contracted with Infusion Express as a direct provider of IV therapy services for its health plan members in Kansas City, where both companies are headquartered. The Malvern clinic opening is an extension of that relationship and one of several new Infusion Express clinics opening in major cities before the end of 2016.
Grand opening celebrations are being held at the new locations in the next few weeks. Infusion Express, which is proud to serve the Crohn's and colitis patient communities, will present donations to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.
Infusion Express differs from traditional hospital- and physician office-based infusion services in several important ways:
- Patients are treated like guests in a spa-like setting with private infusion suites to alleviate risk of exposure to infectious diseases. At Infusion Express, all suites are private to be more conducive to healing, and spacious enough to accommodate family members. Suites are equipped with large screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration.
- Therapy centers are located in convenient retail and office plazas with ample free parking.
- Treatments cover a wide variety of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, allergic asthma, plaque psoriasis and lupus. Infusion Express also provides treatments for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease, IV immunoglobulin and other blood disorders.
- The cost of infusions is less than hospital-based services, enabling self-insured employers and health plans to provide higher-quality care for their employees and members while lowering their healthcare expense.
- Infusion Express is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday, by appointment. Unlike doctor's offices, Infusion Express does not have set clinic hours as it follows a patient-centered schedule based on what is convenient for the individual.
About Infusion Express
Infusion Express (IVXpress, Inc.) delivers safe, clinically necessary drug treatments for patients who seek excellent customer service, comfort and convenience in a healthcare setting. Infusion Express provides a high-quality, cost-effective alternative to infusion therapy at a hospital or physician office.
Infusion Express IV therapy centers offer a superior level of service, with private suites, large screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration. Flexible hours, including evenings and Saturdays, are available. Treatments cover a wide variety of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, plaque psoriasis and lupus. Infusion Express also provides treatments for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease, IV immunoglobulin and other blood disorders.
Locations in Kansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, California and Illinois.
Media Contact: Todd Stein; [email protected]; (916) 346-4213
SOURCE Infusion Express