FREMONT, Calif., Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Infusion Express, a patient-focused alternative to hospital infusion centers, today announced its second San Francisco Bay Area treatment center as part of a national expansion of its consumer-driven model. Infusion Express brings a new paradigm to the infusion market, offering individuals with chronic conditions the option to enjoy high-quality, personalized care in a convenient, comfortable, private setting with extended hours, including evenings and Saturdays.
The Fremont Infusion Express is located at 43360 Mission Blvd #100 (near the Ohlone College).
A grand opening celebration will be held from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (PDT) on Wednesday, Jan. 18 starting with a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting. Infusion Express, which is proud to serve the Crohn's and colitis patient communities, is inviting members of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) and its affiliates to tour the new treatment center. Infusion Express is a proud sponsor of several CCFA events, including the Spin4 Crohn's & Colitis Cures event, an indoor cycling fundraising event that took place in November.
The Fremont treatment center is one of several new Infusion Express locations opening in major metro areas this year. Infusion Express contracts with self-insured employers and many health plans for in-network coverage.
Until now, patients who need regular infusion treatments had just two choices, a hospital or a physician's office. Since infusion treatments can take three to four hours, sometimes longer, this poses a significant disruption to their lives—often compounded by scheduling hassles and parking expenses.
"Infusion therapies take several hours and must be administered in tightly controlled frequencies such as every 6-8 weeks, monthly, or even weekly," said Don Peterson, CEO, Infusion Express. "Patients have few choices. They can go to their doctor's office or a hospital, where they share a room with patients who may have infectious diseases." Peterson explained that these few choices don't give people the dignity, privacy, convenience and comfort they deserve. "That's why we've created a comfortable alternative that offers the same high-quality healthcare they receive at a hospital or doctor's office in a setting where they're treated like a guest, not just a patient."
Infusion Express is different in several ways:
- Patients are treated like guests in a spa-like setting with private infusion suites to alleviate risk of exposure to infectious diseases. At Infusion Express, all suites are private to be more conducive to healing, and spacious enough to accommodate family members. Suites are equipped with large screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration.
- Therapy centers are located in convenient retail and office plazas with ample free parking.
- Treatments cover a wide variety of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, allergic asthma, plaque psoriasis and lupus. Infusion Express also provides treatments for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease, IV immunoglobulin and other blood disorders. It does not offer chemotherapy nor treat infectious diseases.
- The cost of infusions is much less than hospital-based services, enabling self-insured employers and health plans to provide higher-quality care for their employees and members while lowering their healthcare expense.
- Infusion Express is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday, by appointment. Unlike doctor's offices, Infusion Express does not have set clinic hours as it follows a patient-centered schedule based on what is convenient for the individual.
To schedule an appointment, visit www.infusionexpress.com or call (510) 992-4114.
About Infusion Express
Infusion Express (IVXpress, Inc.) delivers safe, clinically necessary drug treatments for patients who seek excellent customer service, comfort and convenience in a healthcare setting. Infusion Express provides a high-quality, cost-effective alternative to hospital or physician office infusion therapy, close to home.
Infusion Express IV therapy centers offer a superior level of service, with private suites, large screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration. Flexible hours, including evenings and Saturdays, are available. Treatments cover a wide variety of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, Multiple Sclerosis, plaque psoriasis and lupus. Infusion Express also provides treatments for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease, IV immunoglobulin and other blood disorders.
Locations in Kansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, California and Illinois. Many insurance plans accepted.
Jenna Warner; email@example.com; 480-664-8412, ext. 19
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/infusion-express-opens-in-fremont-california-300388289.html
SOURCE Infusion Express