WILMINGTON, Del., Oct. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- To help Americans continue to bank and trade on the go, ING DIRECT USA, the nation's largest direct bank, today launched their Android mobile banking and ShareBuilder mobile investing applications. The Android apps add to ING DIRECT's suite of banking and investing iPhone® and Blackberry® apps and Android ATM locator app, which were launched earlier this year.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/ingdirect/46542/
"The success of our iPhone and BlackBerry apps reaffirms that Customers are enjoying the ease and simplicity of having a bank branch in their pocket," said Arkadi Kuhlmann, President and CEO of ING DIRECT USA. "Now, we've extended the value of banking and investing on the go to our Android users as well."
ING DIRECT USA Android Application
ING DIRECT USA Mobile was designed with Customers in mind, providing them access to great features available at ingdirect.com including:
- Transfer money: Between flights? No problem. ING DIRECT USA Mobile makes transferring money between your Electric Orange(SM) Checking, Orange Savings Account(SM) and linked external checking accounts a breeze.
- Pay bills on the fly: You'll never have to worry about forgetting to pay that bill again. ING DIRECT USA Mobile lets Customers manage the same Bill Pay preferences they have set up through ingdirect.com.
- Pay people: ING DIRECT USA Mobile lets you pay friends back for the tab before dinner's even over. Customers can quickly and easily send money to existing contacts in their Person2Person address book.
- Check balances: On the move and need a quick snapshot of your accounts? You got it. ING DIRECT USA Mobile securely displays all of the Customer's accounts and account details like account number, balance, and transaction summary and details.
- Flip for fun: With a quick flip of your Android device get social and check out what Savers have to say with one touch access to ING DIRECT's social media efforts, including Twitter, Facebook, We, the Savers, and YouTube.
ShareBuilder Android Application
ShareBuilder Mobile helps investors take financial control to the next level. The mobile application provides investors with:
- Mobile Access. In the office, at the airport or on the beach, ShareBuilder Mobile gives investors fast, safe and secure access to their account balances and the ability to easily view their account positions.
- Mobile Money Transfers. ShareBuilder Mobile lets investors safely and securely move money to and from their account and check the status of their transfers at any time.
- Mobile Trading. With ShareBuilder Mobile, investors won't have to miss another trading opportunity. ShareBuilder Mobile lets investors buy and sell stocks and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and place market, limit and stop-loss orders.
- Mobile Market News. ShareBuilder Mobile lets investors move to the beat of the market with access to the latest market news, stock quotes and charts for the day's market movers.
- Mobile Watch Lists. Investors can follow their favorite stocks with ShareBuilder Mobile by creating and managing watch lists on the go.
About ING DIRECT USA
ING DIRECT USA, the nation's largest direct bank and largest thrift, is dedicated to inspiring Americans to become a nation of savers. Since its inception in 2000, more than 7.6 million Americans have entrusted their savings with ING DIRECT, building the bank to $91.3 billion in assets. ING DIRECT has developed a comprehensive social media Savers Community, including Twitter, Facebook and its We, the Savers blog. For more information about ING DIRECT call 1-800-ING-DIRECT, and for information about its commitment to financial education, visit Planet Orange.
Style note to Editors: ING DIRECT is always capitalized and never referred to as ING.
ShareBuilder Securities Corporation is a leading online brokerage for investors who have long-term financial goals. ShareBuilder believes everyone deserves a chance to invest in their future no matter their financial situation or place in life. Whether you are new to investing or already a skilled trader, ShareBuilder helps make investing easy. Customers can open an account with no minimum investment, pay low commissions and enjoy no inactivity fees along the way. With ShareBuilder, there are two smart ways to invest: Automatic Investing and Real-time Trading. Customers can select one or both to take control of their financial future. ShareBuilder offers a range of investment products and services including stocks, exchange-traded funds, mutual funds and retirement solutions. ShareBuilder Securities Corporation, a subsidiary of ING Bank, fsb, is a registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. For more information about ShareBuilder, please visit Twitter and Facebook.
Securities products are: Not FDIC insured - Not Bank guaranteed - May lose value
SOURCE ING DIRECT USA