MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL), the leading provider of medication and supply management technology across the continuum of care, today announced innovations to the Company's Omnicell® Patient Engagement platform designed to support value-based, patient-centered care. Now the industry's most comprehensive and customizable pharmacy patient engagement platform, Omnicell Patient Engagement is a secure cloud solution that helps guide and track patient interactions and enables the pharmacist to more effectively deliver interventions to help improve medication use.
Medication adherence is one of the biggest healthcare challenges in the United States today, with $300 billion in healthcare costs attributed to non-adherence.1 To help address this issue, retail pharmacists need tools that free up their time to provide personalized care for each patient.
The summer release of Omnicell's Patient Engagement platform supports this goal by now including:
- Omnicell Medication Therapy Management (MTM) – This CMS-compliant solution provides a highly efficient way to deliver MTM services, including a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR). MTM is known to help improve patient outcomes and lower healthcare costs—important goals for pharmacy chains seeking payer channel expansion and increased profits beyond Medicare Part D.
- Omnicell Targeted Patient Interventions – Tailored to the 53 million U.S. patients recently diagnosed with a chronic condition,2 this program provides proactive outreach methods at the right time to high-value, at-risk patients, helping drive improved adherence and outcomes.
- Omnicell Medication Synchronization Health Plan Dashboard – The dashboard gives Omnicell Med Sync users better performance visibility and the ability to filter by health plan to identify additional patients eligible for enrollment in medication synchronization.
- Omnicell Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – The enhanced hosted IVR gives customers an agile platform to improve the patient experience, without the need for on-site hardware.
Currently pharmacies use up to 10 independent systems to manage critical programs such as MTM, medication synchronization, and immunizations. Omnicell Patient Engagement provides a single platform for multiple interventions that help pharmacies grow business and improve patient outcomes.
"It is more important than ever to provide adherence solutions to attract and retain more patients. Implementing pharmacy automation is essential to balancing a growing workload with the clinical involvement that patients demand," said Duane Jones, BS, pharmacy district manager and clinical program director, Harps Food Stores, Inc. "By relying on the single-platform Omnicell Patient Engagement, pharmacists will have more time to spend one-on-one with patients and can provide tailored interventions that help improve their adherence to medication regimens, and ultimately improve health outcomes."
The Omnicell Patient Engagement platform will be demonstrated along with the comprehensive suite of adherence solutions at the NACDS Total Store Expo on August 25-27, 2018 in Denver, Colorado in Booth 2206.
"Pharmacy has rapidly changed over the last decade, and recent industry pressures make it important for pharmacists to embrace their role in helping patients manage their care," said Rob Seim, president Global Automation and Medication Adherence, Omnicell. "The enhancements we've made to the Patient Engagement platform keep the patient at the center of care and aim to streamline pharmacy workflow."
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ:OMCL) has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications and supplies across all care settings. Omnicell is revolutionizing the patient medication experience from hospital to home by empowering providers to keep each patient at the center of care. The Company's autonomous approach to medication management leverages a differentiated platform for hardware and workflow software solutions, real-time predictive intelligence, and performance-driven partnerships to help drive operational, financial, and clinical success for customers.
Supporting the highest level of patient safety is essential to excellent patient care. As a leader in medication and supply dispensing automation, central pharmacy automation, IV robotics, analytics software, and medication adherence and packaging systems, Omnicell is focused on delivering solutions for medication availability, affordability, safety, and adherence. Over 4,500 facilities worldwide use Omnicell® automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence, and improve patient safety.
Omnicell's innovative medication adherence solutions, used by over 32,000 institutional and retail pharmacies in North America and the United Kingdom, are designed to improve patient engagement and adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
For more information about Omnicell, Inc. please visit www.omnicell.com.
- All Omnicell news releases (financial, acquisitions, products, technology etc.) are issued exclusively by PR Newswire and are immediately thereafter posted on the company's external website, omnicell.com.
- Omnicell and the Omnicell logo design are registered trademarks of Omnicell, Inc.
- All other brand or product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
1Interventions to improve adherence to self-administered medications for chronic diseases in the United States: a systematic review. Annals of Internal Medicine. http://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/1357338/interventions-improve-adherence-self-administered-medications-chronic-diseases-united-states. Accessed March 6, 2018.
2Medication Adherence in America: A National Report. NCPA, 2013.
SOURCE Omnicell, Inc.