IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Now in its ninth year, TelcoTV is by far the largest video conference and expo focused on the U.S. service provider market. A key reason for the show's continued success is its impressive lineup of more than 15 service provider speakers, as well as top video industry analysts. During the three-day event (November 9-11, 2010 in Las Vegas), top names from AT&T, Cox Communications, DISH Network, EchoStar, North State Communications, Verizon, and more, will gather with key industry analysts and vendors to provide expert advice and commentary. This year's theme, "Profiting in a Multi-Screen World," reflects the industry's challenge of making video services work for both consumers and service providers.
Keynote sessions include:
- "IPTV Innovation, Investment, Standards and Interoperability," with Steven Wright, Chair, IPTV Interoperability Forum ATIS, AT&T Network Architecture
- "Capitalizing on the OTT Opportunity," with Joe Ambeault, Director, Product Development and Management, Video Services at Verizon; Vivek Khemka, VP, Consumer Technologies at DISH Network; and David Ripert, Senior Manager Content & Partnerships at Dailymotion
- "Small Cable/Small Telco: Opportunities & Challenges," with Jeff Finkelstein, Director of Network Architecture at Cox Communications; and Joe Jensen, CTO at Buckeye Cablesystem
- "National Broadband Policy," with Catherine Moyer, Director of Legal & Regulatory Affairs, at Pioneer Communications; and Michael Romano, Senior Vice President – Policy at NTCA
"TelcoTV offers service providers strategies and options for providing video entertainment services on a profitable basis," said Carol Wilson, Chief Editor, Events, at Light Reading. "The cost of content, competition from over-the-top (OTT) video, and the rise of mobile video all represent challenges but also opportunities for Telco TV's core audience. We will offer practical approaches to partnering, acquiring content, and building service packages to make video the cornerstone of a competitive service bundle."
TelcoTV is recognized as the premier meeting place for the many industries involved in the convergence of the entertainment and communications markets. The complete program features five tracks, with at most four running simultaneously to provide attendees time to focus on their preferred sessions. Panel moderators and session speakers will be well-known industry analysts such as:
- Michelle Abraham, Principal Analyst, In-Stat
- Colin Dixon, Senior Partner, The Diffusion Group
- Richelle Elberg, Director & Senior Analyst, JSI Capital Advisors
- Mike Galli, Analyst, Multimedia Research Group
- Steven Hawley, Principal Analyst & Consultant, Advanced Media Strategies
- Jonathan Hurd, Director, Altman Vilandrie & Company
- Adi Kishore, Analyst, Heavy Reading
- Yoav Schreiber, Analyst, Current Analysis
- Vince Vittore, Principal Analyst, Yankee Group
The program includes over 40 educational seminars and panel discussions. The five tracks are:
- Content Strategies – Strategies to acquire content that supports profitable video service offerings, and explore the many options and business models available today.
- Thriving in a Competitive Environment – Probing the shifting competitive environment and strategies for succeeding in the new marketplace.
- Video Technology – The technology deployed to deliver video – both in the network and on the customer premises – is constantly evolving. From the emergence of 3DTV to the latest in 10-Gigabit Passive Optical Networks, this track will explore technology developments on all fronts of the video market.
- Managing the Subscriber Experience – Providing an IP service bundle built around video puts telecom service providers at the heart of the new digital home. This track will explain both the new technology and cultural transformation necessary, and the potential new business opportunities.
- New Revenue Options – Multiple new markets are opening up that rely on IP connections into digital homes, including smart grids, telemedicine, e-government initiatives, and new media delivery over home networks. This track will examine the ways service providers can explore these new revenue opportunities and avoid becoming merely the pipe that enables others to profit.
For attendees who want to immerse themselves further, four sponsored workshops on Tuesday, Nov. 9 will provide in-depth coverage of content acquisition, next-generation video architectures, IPTV monetization strategies, and home networking. Workshops are sponsored by Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Conklin-Intracom, and the Multimedia over Coax Alliance.
Nearly 120 exhibitors will participate in the main hall of the expo which is open on the second and third day of the event. The agenda has been designed to provide ample time for attendees to visit both the conference sessions and the show floor. Visit http://www.TelcoTVonline.com for a complete conference and expo agenda.
About Light Reading
Founded in 2000, Light Reading is the leading online media, research, and focused event company serving the $3 trillion worldwide communications market. Lightreading.com is the ultimate source for technology and financial analysis of the communications industry, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. Light Reading's research arms, Heavy Reading and Pyramid Research, provide the most comprehensive communications research, market data, and technology analysis in close to 100 markets around the world. Light Reading produces nearly 20 targeted communications events including TelcoTV, Ethernet Expo New York and Ethernet Expo London, The Tower Summit @ CTIA, and Optical Expo, as well as focused one-day events tailored for cable, mobile, and wireline executives. Light Reading was acquired by United Business Media in August 2005 and operates as a unit of TechWeb. Visit http://www.lightreading.com for more information.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services, and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web and digital professionals, software developers, government decision makers, and telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands includes: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat, and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a UBM company, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. Visit http://techweb.com/aboutus for more information.
About United Business Media Ltd.
UBM focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting, and monitoring; and the development and monetization of B2B communities and markets. UBM's businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities – from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists – with integrated events, online, print, and business information products. Our 5,900 staff in more than 30 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. Visit http://www.unitedbusinessmedia.com for more information.
The National Telecommunications Cooperative Association is the premier association representing more than 560 locally owned and controlled telecommunications cooperatives and commercial companies throughout rural and small-town America. NTCA provides its members with legislative, regulatory, and industry representation; meetings; publications and educational programs; and an array of employee benefit programs. Visit http://www.ntca.org for more information.
Media Relations, TelcoTV 2010
+1 714 378 5841
Director of Events, Light Reading
+1 949 223 3614
SOURCE Light Reading