SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovusion, a privately held company based in Silicon Valley, emerged today out of stealth mode and is introducing its ground-breaking LiDAR technology with the following industry leading features and functionality:
- Resolution: provides near picture quality with over 300 lines of resolution and several hundred pixels in both the vertical and horizontal dimensions.
- Range: detects both light and dark objects at distances up to 150 meters away which allows cars to react and make decisions at freeway speeds and during complex driving situations.
- Sensor fusion: fuses LiDAR raw data with camera video in the hardware layer which dramatically reduces latency, increases computing efficiency and creates a superior sensor experience.
- Accessibility: enables a compact design which allows for easy and flexible integration without impairing vehicle aerodynamics. Innovusion's products leverage components available from mature supply chain partners, enabling fast time-to-market, affordable pricing and mass production.
The unique combination of capabilities makes the Innovusion image grade LiDARs an ideal choice for the level 4 and 5 autonomous vehicle and ADAS markets. Like the transition from text to graphical devices in the computer and smart phone industries, it will enable an entire new range of applications. Phased commercial rollouts are planned for 2018 and 2019.
"After over a year in stealth mode, I am pleased that our team has achieved a major industry milestone for LiDAR performance and sensor fusion. Our unique sensor technology has established a new category of image grade LiDAR products with over 300 lines of resolution and sets a new standard for safety, data quality, ease of integration and cost effectiveness."
- Junwei Bao, CEO of Innovusion
Innovusion is also launching a developer program at CES, and is accepting applications for integration kits from customers. For more information or to schedule a demo, contact email@example.com.
Innovusion is a leading developer of image grade LiDAR sensor systems for the level 4 and 5 of the autonomous vehicle and ADAS markets. Its unique combination of range, resolution, hardware accelerated sensor fusion, compact size, ease of integration and cost effectiveness makes its products an ideal choice for the most demanding applications. The company is venture backed and headquartered in Silicon Valley.