DUBLIN, Jan. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Global Pulmonary Drugs Market (2020-2025) by Drug Class, Indication, Distribution Channel, Geography, Competitive Analysis and the Impact of Covid-19 with Ansoff Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Pulmonary Drugs Market is estimated to be USD 55 Bn in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 65.3 Bn by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.5%.
The factors that are driving the market include the rising prevalence of pulmonary diseases and the growing geriatric population. The heavy investments have equally favored market growth. With the entry of innovative drugs into the markets, there is an increased scope for market growth. Government and non-government initiatives, and the availability of biosimilars, increasing tobacco smoking are fuelling the market growth.
However, factors such as low awareness about drug delivery and longer timelines are restricting the growth of the market. Expensive clinical trials and the commercialization of new drugs are some of the pulmonary drug market challenges.
- Rising Prevalence of Pulmonary Diseases
- Increasing Burden of Geriatric Population
- High Inclination to Tobacco Smoking
- Advantages of the Pulmonary Route as an Alternative to Oral and Parenteral Delivery Methods
- Stringent Government Regulations for Product Approval
- Side Effects Associated with Drugs
- Less Awareness Regarding Pulmonary Drugs Delivery
- Heavy Investments and Research Initiatives taken by the Government into Pulmonary Drugs Therapeutics
- The Rse in the Use of Bronchodilators and Dry Powder Inhalers
- Use of Particle Engineering Techniques in Drug Formulations
By Drug Class, Combination Drugs are likely to see the fastest growth during the forecasted period. It is mainly because it is comparatively non-toxic over other drugs and the key companies face no real competition from the generics. Besides, with the advent of triple combination drugs, the demand is likely to increase in the estimated period.
By Indication, COPD is being considered as the fastest-growing segment. The factors attributing to the growth are the high number of patients affected by COPD, especially asthma. There have been increasing drug approvals, which have further led to growth in the respective segment.
By Geography, North America is anticipated to lead the market. The factors underlying the growth of the market are the high prevalence of respiratory diseases with a hike in COPD and asthma, followed by a rising geriatric population, which has led to high demand for pulmonary drugs. These factors have also led to the rise in the per capita health expenditure in the region, further contributing to growth.
Some of the companies covered in this report are Sanofi SA, AstraZenca Plc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Merck & Co., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG, and Circassia.
The report includes Competitive Quadrant, a proprietary tool to analyze and evaluate the position of companies based on their Industry Position score and Market Performance score. The tool uses various factors for categorizing the players into four categories. Some of these factors considered for analysis are financial performance over the last 3 years, growth strategies, innovation score, new product launches, investments, growth in market share, etc.
Lions: Represents companies with a strong foothold in the market, with the highest market share, large investments in technologies, new products.
Bulls: Companies that are medium in size competing with their USPs, growing companies with proven market share.
Rabbits: Small companies but growing rapidly, constantly improving their offerings in the market.
Tortoise: Companies that are slow in growth, having a long legacy, and stable or negative in performance.
Why buy this report?
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the Global Pulmonary Drugs Market.
- The report includes in-depth qualitative analysis, verifiable data from authentic sources, and projections about market size. The projections are calculated using proven research methodologies.
- The report has been compiled through extensive primary and secondary research. The primary research is done through interviews, surveys, and observation of renowned personnel in the industry.
- The report includes in-depth market analysis using Porter's 5 force model and the Ansoff Matrix. The impact of Covid-19 on the market is also featured in the report.
- The report also contains a competitive analysis using Positioning Quadrants, a Proprietary competitive positioning tool.
- A complete analysis of the market including parent industry
- Important market dynamics and trends
- Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market based on value and volume
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Key Topics Covered:
1 Report Description
1.1 Study Objectives
1.2 Market Definition
1.4 Years Considered
1.6 Key Shareholders
2 Research Methodology
2.1 Research Process
2.2 Data Collection and Validation
2.2.1 Secondary Research
2.2.2 Primary Research
2.3 Market Size Estimation
2.4 Assumptions of the Study
2.5 Limitations of the Study
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
5 Market Analysis
5.1 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.2 Impact of COVID-19
5.3 Ansoff Matrix Analysis
6 Global Pulmonary Drugs Market, By Drug Class
6.2 Beta-2 Agonists
6.3 Anti-cholinergic Agents
6.4 Oral and Inhaled Corticosteroids
6.7 Monoclonal Antibodies
6.8 Combination Drugs
7 Global Pulmonary Drugs Market, By Indication
7.3 COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
7.4 Allergic Rhinitis
7.5 Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
7.6 Cystic Fibrosis
8 Global Pulmonary Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel
8.2 Hospital Pharmacies
8.3 Retail Pharmacies
8.4 Drug Stores
9 Global Pulmonary Drugs Market, By Geography
9.2 North America
9.3 South America
9.4.6 Rest of Europe
9.5.6 South Korea
9.5.9 Rest of APAC
9.6 Rest of the World
9.6.2 Saudi Arabia
9.6.3 South Africa
9.6.4 United Arab Emirates
9.6.5 Latin America
10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 IGR Competitive Quadrant
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Competitive Scenario
10.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.3.2 Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
10.3.3 New Product Launches & Enhancements
10.3.4 Investments & Fundings
11 Company Profiles
11.1 AstraZeneca PLC
11.2 Boehringer Ingelheim
11.3 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
11.4 GlaxoSmithKline PLC
11.5 Grifols, S.A.
11.6 Merck & Co., Inc.
11.7 Pfizer Inc.
11.8 Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
11.9 Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
11.10 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.,
11.11 MannKind Corporation
11.12 Gilbert technologies,
11.13 Philips Respironics,
11.14 Novartis AG
11.16 Mylan N.V.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ztb8y
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets