TEMPE, Ariz., Sept. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) has opened a Call-For-Presentations (CFP) for its annual international conference, ISM2019 in Houston, Texas on April 7 – 10, 2019. The influential four-day, supply chain management conference brings together industry practitioners and leaders from across the globe to network, learn, and discuss trends in the profession.
Supply management professionals and practitioners are invited to submit worthwhile presentations that share an inspiring story, real-life case study, how-to process that sparked a fresh approach, or incorporated a new technology or methodology. The CFP will remain open for submissions until Friday, October 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
"Supply management and purchasing professionals around the world make decisions that affect their companies' brands, competitive position, and bottom-line performance every day," said Tom Derry, Chief Executive Officer, ISM. "We encourage industry leaders to submit proposals that reflect the current dynamic and transformative industry environment."
ISM's volunteer Conference Leadership Committee (CLC) will review all CFP submissions in October and notice of acceptance or rejection will be sent in November. The CLC consists of 20 practitioners and leaders in the field of supply management. They will review completed submissions and evaluate based on the description as it aligns with the tracks, the interest level of the audience, and presentation format.
Proposals should align with one of the following six tracks for the ISM2019 Annual Conference.
- How-To: Given the growing complexity in today's marketplace, this track covers timely category content and insights that unlock hidden value while mitigating risk. Share your expertise, research, case studies and how-to examples.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Once a function formed to respond to negative commentary from activists and communities, Corporate Social Responsibility organizations have now found their niche in driving value for corporations. Share your experience, discuss related topics or case studies, trends and/or research.
- Digital Transformation: Following last year's successful digital track which focused on what it is and why it's so important, this year ISM is taking the next step to focus on the 'how'. Share your implementation stories, strategies, tools and tips.
- Sourcing for Value: Share insights, best practices or case studies on how you have driven value in either direct and indirect spend, managed stakeholders, executive teams and strategic suppliers for maximum impact.
- Challenges: Share creative ways to tackle the pervasive challenges impacting supply management professionals with the increasing pressure on wages, interest rates, oil and other commodities prices coupled with some potential macro-economic disruptions related to tariffs, volatility in currencies, and increasing amount of government debt represent real increasing challenges and potential risks for most organizations.
- People: Present insights and best practices on how to attract, develop and retain a diverse and global team.
Approved speakers receive a complimentary registration to the ISM Annual Conference 2019 and the provided meals with registration. ISM certified members can also receive recertification credit for presenting.
For more information and to submit a presentation proposal, please visit: http://bit.ly/ISM2019CFP.
Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) is the first and leading not-for-profit professional supply management organization worldwide. Its 47,000 members in more than 90 countries around the world manage about US$1 trillion in corporate and government supply chain procurement annually. Founded in 1915 by practitioners, ISM is committed to advancing the practice of supply management to drive value and competitive advantage for its members, contributing to a prosperous and sustainable world. ISM empowers and leads the profession through the ISM Report On Business®, its highly-regarded certification and training programs, corporate services, events and the ISM Mastery Model®. The Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report On Business® are two of the most reliable economic indicators available, providing guidance to supply management professionals, economists, analysts, and government and business leaders. For more information, please visit instituteforsupplymanagement.org.
Contact: Jessica Boyd, 480.752.6276, ext. 3085
SOURCE Institute for Supply Management