ATLANTA, April 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts will honor moms this Mother's Day and celebrate the 100th anniversary of the holiday with a social media photo contest at 17 of its properties across the U.S. and Canada on May 11, 2014. In 1914, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signed Mother's Day into law, and the InterContinental brand will host a women's fashion hat contest to pay homage to the iconic and stylish staple that adorned women during this era.
In order to enter the competition, mothers must wear their most fabulous new or vintage hat to brunch or lunch at participating InterContinental hotel restaurants and share a photo of themselves wearing it on that hotel's Twitter account or Facebook page using a special hashtag (e.g., #HatsOfftoMomsICLA).* The mother wearing the best statement hat will win a $100 InterContinental restaurant or spa gift certificate and $100 American Express® gift card.
"We aspire to create memorable experiences for our InterContinental guests, and this contest allows us to capture the heartfelt spirit of Mother's Day in photographs," said Debbie Grant, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Brand Management Director, the Americas.
The hotel staff at each property will select one mother to win the grand prize and will use the Twitter handle or Facebook username of the uploaded photo to notify the winner on May 12. Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 P.M. PDT on May 11, 2014. For the contest rules and regulations, please click here.
*Participating Hotels with Hashtags and Social Media Information:
- InterContinental® Buckhead Atlanta: #HatsOfftoMomsICATL
- InterContinental® Boston: #HatsOfftoMomsICBOS
- InterContinental® Chicago Magnificent Mile: #HatsOfftoMomsCHIMAG
- InterContinental® Chicago O'Hare: #HatsOfftoMomsICO
- InterContinental® Cleveland: #HatsOfftoMomsICCLE
- InterContinental® Clement Monterey: #HatsOfftoMomsICCLEM
- InterContinental® Dallas: #HatsOfftoMomsICDAL
- InterContinental® Los Angeles Century City: #HatsOfftoMomsICLA
- InterContinental® Miami: #HatsOfftoMomsICMIA
- Real InterContinental® Miami Doral: #HatsOfftoMomsMIADOR
- InterContinental® Montreal: #HatsOfftoMomsICMONT
- InterContinental® New York Barclay: #HatsOfftoMomsICNYBAR
- InterContinental® New York Times Square: #HatsOfftoMomsICNYTS
- InterContinental® Tampa: #HatsOfftoMomsICTPA
- InterContinental® Toronto Centre: #HatsOfftoMomsICTC
- InterContinental® Toronto Yorkville: #HatsOfftoMomsICYORK
- Willard InterContinental®: #HatsOfftoMomsICDC
About InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has 178 hotels located in more than 60 countries with local insight that comes from over 60 years of experience. As a brand, we believe that superior, understated service and outstanding facilities are important, but what makes us truly different is the genuine interest we show in our guests. Our desire is to help guests make the most of their time. We connect our well-traveled guests to what's special about a destination, by sharing our knowledge, so they enjoy authentic experiences that will enrich their lives and broaden their outlook. For more information, visit http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental, https://twitter.com/InterConHotels or http://www.facebook.com/intercontinental.
Notes to Editors:
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG,NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organization with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ Hotels and HUALUXE™ Hotels & Resorts.
IHG manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world's first and largest hotel loyalty program with over 77 million members worldwide. The program was relaunched in July 2013, offering enhanced benefits for members including free internet across all hotels, globally.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns 4,700 hotels and 687,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories. With more than 1,100 hotels in its development pipeline, IHG expects to recruit around 90,000 people into additional roles across its estate over the next few years.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihg.com/media, www.twitter.com/ihg, www.facebook.com/ihg or www.youtube.com/ihgplc.
SOURCE IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group)