ATLANTA, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global regulated futures exchanges, clearing houses and over-the-counter (OTC) markets, today announced that its instant messaging functionality available under YellowJacket (YJ) will be available as a value-added feature included for all WebICE users starting July 16, 2012 and will be known as ICE Chat.
"Over the past decade, YellowJacket established itself as a leading communications network in the derivatives markets for instant messaging and complex negotiations, and we are pleased to rebrand it under the ICE name. The expansion of WebICE to include ICE Chat's sophisticated, widely-distributed instant messaging tool as a value-added feature demonstrates our commitment to meeting today's evolving trading and compliance requirements," said David Goone, ICE Senior Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer.
Previously known as YellowJacket, the ICE Chat platform combines the power of instant messaging, automation and data integration to help market participants streamline data and increase productivity across market participant's workflow from market data, analytics, execution and communications. These basic ICE Chat features will now be available for all WebICE users for no additional fee.
Features of ICE Chat include:
- Access all contacts across multiple instant messaging systems, including AIM and Yahoo, via ICE chat using existing accounts
- Share messages across an entire desk to ensure a consistent view of the market
- Interactive tools designed specifically for brokers and traders to organize messages, manage customer responses, and set real-time alerts
Reliability and Support
- ICE Chat's reliable network avoids the downtime commonly experienced by AIM, Yahoo and other commercial networks and offers 24-hour technical support
- ICE Chat is designed to meet the security, data control and compliance requirements of today's most demanding firms and expects to be SEF compliant
- ICE Chat Pro and ICE Chat Pro X offer premium features for a fee that include (1) quote recognition technology, which instantly transforms instant messages into structured quotes that are displayed in a quote console alongside executable electronic prices for a consolidated market view, and (2) pricing model integration, which instantly returns pricing and risk metrics to instantly recognize trading opportunities.
A FAQ is available here.
For more on ICE Chat's trading and communication strategies visit www.theice.com/icechat
IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE) is a leading operator of regulated futures exchanges and over-the-counter markets for agricultural, credit, currency, emissions, energy and equity index contracts. ICE Futures Europe hosts trade in half of the world's crude and refined oil futures. ICE Futures U.S. and ICE Futures Canada list agricultural, currencies and Russell Index markets. ICE is also a leading operator of central clearing services for the futures and over-the-counter markets, with five regulated clearing houses across North America and Europe. ICE serves customers in more than 70 countries. www.theice.com
The following are trademarks of IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies: IntercontinentalExchange, ICE, ICE and block design, ICE Futures Europe, ICE Clear Europe, ICE Clear Canada, ICE Clear US, ICE Futures U.S., and ICE OTC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information regarding registered trademarks owned by IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. and/or its affiliated companies, see https://www.theice.com/terms.jhtml
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 - Statements in this press release regarding IntercontinentalExchange's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, as filed with the SEC on February 8, 2012.