LONDON, April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
A security industry shakeup with atrocities that could have been avoided
Viseum UK leads a report, strongly reflecting today's security climate, and issued only a short time after the company's announcement of its role for the international Safe Cities Initiative, shows that the world is now preparing for security risks that were previously assumed "would never affect us". Following the many atrocities in recent global news, governments now have to accept "this could happen anywhere at any time".
This change in strategic planning is what Viseum UK has been preparing for since as far back as 2002. Put simply, its founder knew that procuring the cheapest CCTV cameras, and installing them in as many places as possible, simply didn't work. This strategy did in fact make things worse and has been proven to be severely flawed, because too many standard CCTV cameras need too many skilled people to watch and use them all, but too many criminals already know this and will disregard them. Viseum UK's business mission was set out to make us all aware of these undeniable facts:
- The security of an estate is usually an afterthought for the vast majority of the world's construction projects. The budget for security is rarely planned and the main contractor is usually left with the burden of installing the cheapest security products.
- To meet these budgetary constraints, the vast majority of CCTV cameras in operation throughout the world today are of poor quality and have been built to inadequate standards.
Viseum UK is known for introducing disruptive technology, where its surveillance cameras and software solutions not only disrupt and deter criminals, but are changing how the CCTV security industry is evolving commercially. Buying cultures vary from region to region, but until now, favourite brand names and vendor relationships had often proved to be more important differentiators than a security solution's actual performance and reliability. However, demonstrations of Viseum solutions show such superiority that using any competing technology may compromise the client's entire security enterprise. This message is delivered to Viseum UK's international clients through its growing network of trusted government security advisors, and on occasions where appropriate, hand-in-hand with the UK's Government representatives.
Stuart Thompson, Viseum UK Group President says, "Any UK government support that our partners may need in any country, or any suggestion they may have, please let us know and we will have this delivered through our government".
Viseum UK is managing an increasing number of Safe City projects throughout the world, for countries who have already judged their security risks to be unacceptably high. Central to this are Viseum Red Team Services which are extensively used to identify ways in which a country's security defences could be penetrated. Hand-in-hand with this are the Viseum Blue Team Services, which then put the appropriate counter measures in place for each client's security and CCTV design.
A London Surveillance Officer said, "In today's regime of restricted budgets, the ability to manage a city's crime trends, and undertake its continuous monitoring without the cost of continuous staffing, is extremely attractive".
For further information, visit http://www.viseum.co.uk
Notes to editors:
REF: VIS6933 - VISEUM SAFE CITY CASE STUDIES
Reference information URL's:
- >Viseum UK Safe Cities presentation< - this is an audio narrated 300mb Windows PowerPoint file with many videos.
- >Viseum UK's first Safe City press release March 2014<
- IHS market report for Safe Cities - >http://www.ihs.com/info/sc/e/safe-cities.aspx < + >HIS White Paper what is the Safe City Concept Jan 2014<
- >How Viseum meets the UK National CCTV Strategy Recommendations<
- >Viseum UK Safe Cities Brochure<
- Filed European Patent >EP 1 579 399<, Filed U.S.A. Patent >US 7,952,608 B2<
- >Viseum CCTV Room Headquarters Savings Calculator<
- >Viseum Redeployable Intelligent Moving Camera Savings Calculator<
- >Viseum Safe City Client Business Case<
Viseum UK Press Office
t: +44 (0)1322 405724
e: [email protected]
SOURCE Viseum UK