Awards to be Presented at International Conference in Reno
WASHINGTON, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2013 Awards of Excellence. For the past 50 years, the Awards of Excellence has recognized outstanding achievements of individuals and organizations in the field of performance improvement. Nominations undergo a rigorous criterion-based, peer review process before being selected. Recipients will receive their awards at THE Performance Improvement Conference Awards of Excellence Luncheon on Monday, April 15, in Reno, NV.
The Outstanding Human Performance Intervention award recognizes outstanding results achieved by implementing Human Performance Technology in the workplace. Recipients of this award represent seven award-winning interventions:
- Proofpoint Project Management and Reporting System, awarded to Proofpoint Systems (Los Altos, Calif.) and Department of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Field Policy and Management (Washington, D.C.)
- Ventura HICAP Volunteer Development System, awarded to Ventura County Health Insurance Counseling and Health Advocacy Program (HICAP) (Ventura, Calif.)
- U.S. Coast Guard Resident Instruction Standard Operating Procedures Revision, awarded to U.S. Coast Guard Training Center (Petaluma, Calif.), U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown (Yorktown, Va.), U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Law Enforcement Training Center (Charleston, S.C.), U.S. Coast Guard Force Readiness Command (Norfolk, Va.), and Lockheed Martin (Petaluma, Calif.)
- U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Petaluma Emergency Medical Technician Course Revision, awarded to U.S. Coast Guard Training Center (Petaluma, Calif.), Harkcon, Inc. (Petaluma, Calif.), and Lockheed Martin (Petaluma, Calif.)
- U.S. Coast Guard CPO Academy iPad EPSS, awarded to U.S. Coast Guard Leadership Development Center (New London, Conn.), U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer Academy (Petaluma, Calif), U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Petaluma Instructional Support Team (Petaluma, Calif), and Harkcon, Inc. (Petaluma, Calif.)
- Reducing the Transfer Rate in the Provider Service Unit, awarded to Amerigroup (Virginia Beach, Va.)
- Golden Eagle Project of China Merchants Bank, awarded to China Merchants Bank University (Shenzhen, China)
Nancy P. Askins, PhD, CMQ/OE, of Capella University received the Outstanding Student Research Award for her dissertation "Core Values Implementation by Mid-Level Managers of Faith-Based Healthcare System."
The Outstanding Human Performance Communication was awarded to Darlene M. Van Tiem, PhD, CPT, CPLP, University of Michigan-Dearborn; James L. Moseley, EdD, LPC, CHES, CPT, Wayne State University; and the late Joan C. Dessinger, EdD, CPT, The Lake Group, for their work on the Fundamentals of Performance Improvement: Optimizing Results Through People, Process, and Organizations, 3rd edition.
The Chapters of Excellence Award celebrates the outstanding accomplishments of local ISPI chapters. This year's recipients are the Armed Forces Chapter, Capella University Virtual Chapter, Central Florida Chapter, Charlotte Chapter, Michigan Chapter, Potomac Chapter, and South Florida Chapter. The Charlotte Chapter also received the Outstanding Chapter Communication Product Award for its bi-monthly newsletter, Performance Improvement in Piedmont.
THE Performance Improvement Conference, sponsored by ISPI, will be held April 12-17, 2013, at the Silver Legacy Resort Casino in Reno, NV. Pre-conference programs run April 12-14, and the conference continues April 14-17. The conference offers 100+ hours of professional development in performance improvement, e-learning, business processes, sustainability, instructional design, organizational development, training, and more.
Based in Washington, DC, the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to the multi-disciplinary pursuit of excellence in the workplace by advocating for the advancement of performance improvement. ISPI represents performance improvement professionals throughout the United States, Canada, and 40 other countries. For more information, visit www.ispi.org.
Pam Valenzuela – (703) 370-7436
SOURCE International Society for Performance Improvement