NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, GODIVA announced the arrival of its 2018 Holiday Collection - inclusive of high-quality, decadent chocolate offerings that are perfect for seasonal gifting as well as personal indulging. In celebration of the most wonderful time of the year, GODIVA is introducing an exciting selection of beautifully-designed, indulgent chocolate treats using premium Belgian chocolate and the finest ingredients. GODIVA's master Chef Chocolatiers have created bite-sized chocolate offerings that are inspired by iconic and decadent holiday desserts from around the globe. The new Holiday Desserts Collection is designed to look like "mini-cakes" that are reminiscent of sweet treats that are enjoyed with family and friends during the holiday season. Each piece boasts a distinguished filling and is encased in the finest Belgian chocolate to satisfy holiday cravings.
The new additions to the 2018 holiday collection include:
- Holiday Desserts Collection: The decadent chocolate assortment is the ultimate gift for chocolate lovers looking to fully embrace the season's festive spirit. GODIVA's Limited-Edition Holiday Collection Gift Boxes feature a colorful wreath designed by Emily Carew Woodard, an illustrator renowned for her bold and romantic Victorian-inspired imagery. The festive wreath featured on the new boxes was inspired by the iconic English Christmas carol, "12 Days of Christmas." Each box boasts a sumptuous selection of bite-sized 'mini-cakes' inside, encased in premium Belgian chocolate. Adding another layer of intrigue, the unique new chocolates are molded into contemporary cake shapes, hinting at the tantalizing tastes within. The Limited-Edition Holiday Collection Gift Boxes feature four new divine flavors, including:
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie - Decadent pecan praliné in a smooth dark chocolate shell
- Milk Chocolate Almond Cookie - Creamy almond praliné in a smooth milk chocolate shell
- Chocolate - Indulgent 72% dark chocolate ganache wrapped in a smooth milk chocolate shell
- Dark Pear Vanilla - Soft pear combined with creamy vanilla mousse in a smooth dark chocolate shell
- Hot Chocolate Toppers: GODIVA has added a cheerful, decadent twist to its signature hot chocolate offering. Made to warm and uplift the hearts of Holiday shoppers, each cup of hot chocolate comes with a new holiday-themed chocolate 'topper' for heightened self-indulgence. As the chocolate topper melts, it infuses the hot chocolate with even richer, more delectable flavors to create a double-chocolatey experience. The toppers, adorned with an ornately designed Santa or Snowman, ensure that every cup of GODIVA's hot chocolate is brimming with joy and love this Holiday.
- Holiday Artisanal Lollipops: Freshly-prepared every day in boutiques, these festive hand-crafted lollipops are available in classic holiday characters such as Santa and a Snowman, and available in GODIVA's dark, milk or white chocolate.
- Holiday Truffle Pops: Freshly-prepared daily in-store, these hand-crafted treats feature milk chocolate truffles dipped in milk, dark or white chocolate and decorated with holiday sprinkles.
GODIVA's holiday collection also features the iconic Gold Ballotin boxes, assorted truffle collections, playful advent calendars, whimsical ornaments, Hanukkah gelt, adorable plush bears, and more!
Executive Chef Chocolatier, Jean Apostolou, explains: "GODIVA's collections have served as opulent Holiday gifts for more than ninety years. The legacy continues with our luxurious new selection of 'mini-cakes' paying homage to some of the most cherished holiday desserts globally. These little 'slices' of heaven make our ultimate holiday gift even more magical!"
GODIVA's passionate Chef Chocolatiers have poured their culinary artistry and expertise into creating one of their most exquisite Holiday ranges ever. By lovingly handcrafting delicious, premium chocolate treats for every festive moment, they hope to help make this your most wonderful holiday yet!
The 2018 holiday collection is available online and in GODIVA boutiques nationwide. To learn more about GODIVA, visit www.GODIVA.com.
About GODIVA Chocolatier
GODIVA Chocolatier is the global leader in premium, artisanal chocolate. The company was founded in Brussels in 1926 by Belgian Chocolatier, Pierre Draps. Nearly a century later, every piece of GODIVA chocolate is still bursting with quality, Belgian craftsmanship, and the world's finest ingredients.
GODIVA has distribution in more than 100 countries across the globe. Customers can experience GODIVA at the iconic brand's chocolate boutiques, chocolate cafes, GODIVA.com, and at many fine retailers.
GODIVA is committed to innovative and delicious food and beverage products that exceed consumer expectations and create wonderful moments. From its famous truffles and shell-moulded chocolate pieces to its European-style biscuits, individually wrapped chocolates, gourmet coffees, hot cocoa, soft serve and other indulgences, GODIVA is dedicated to bringing the ultimate chocolate experience to the world.
As a socially responsible business, GODIVA has global practices and programs designed to provide meaningful support to cocoa farmers, safeguard our environment, and empower the communities where we live and work. To learn more about these powerful initiatives, visit GODIVA Cares.
The legend of our namesake, Lady GODIVA
When Lady GODIVA, wife of Lord Leofric, protested against the taxation of his subjects, she agreed to ride through the streets of Coventry "clad in naught but her long tresses," and, so long as the residents remained in shuttered buildings, their tax burden would be lifted. The following morning, she made her famous ride and, despite the temptation, the citizens graciously remained indoors. Leofric kept his word and reduced the taxes to the delight of his subjects, ensuring GODIVA's legendary status throughout the centuries. Inspired by the values of Lady GODIVA – passion, generosity, and pioneering spirit -- GODIVA's legendary name has become a universal symbol of luxury, quality and the most delicious chocolate.
For Media Inquiries contact: Imani Rodman - [email protected]