SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Infinio, a market leader in I/O optimization for virtualized data centers, today unveiled new capabilities that will be available in v2.0 of Infinio Accelerator, being demonstrated this week in the VMworld Solutions Exchange, booth 623.
"Last year we introduced the 1.0 version of our product at VMworld, and were honored it was a finalist for the 'Best New Technology' award," said Arun Agarwal, Infinio Co-founder and CEO. "This year we're excited to show what's coming next in version 2.0. The I/O optimization product category is exploding, and we look forward to showing the community why Infinio's new offering is the best on the market."
Infinio Accelerator was created to help virtualization administrators scale storage performance to support growing virtualized enterprise applications and desktops, without the traditionally associated expensive upgrades to storage hardware. A software-only solution, Infinio requires no new hardware and is operationally transparent. New features in v2.0 include:
- SAN and Unified Storage support: In addition to support for the NFS storage protocol, v2.0 will also include full support for Fibre Channel, iSCSI, FCoE, and environments with multiple protocols. No matter which storage protocol customers choose, the Infinio user experience remains the same, including wizard-driven installation, zero operational impact, and instant access to advanced reporting.
- Application-level reporting: Infinio v2.0 adds the ability to start with a weekly datastore performance view and drill all the way down to a minute-by-minute per-application view of storage performance. Users can easily identify peak latency spikes, and then explore them at a level of detail that allows them to determine which workloads are responsible for increasing the load on storage, and which workloads are best suited for Infinio caching.
- Cache Advisor for smart sizing of memory: This new feature is designed to help administrators determine how much RAM to dedicate to Infinio's cache. While many customers achieve strong results with the default 8 GB of RAM per host, this new feature will allow them to select any period of time and calculate what performance would have looked like with one of several larger physical cache sizes. This guidance, based on actual workload characteristics, will allow administrators to fine-tune their cache size for optimal results.
- Continued innovation for VDI: More than one third of current Infinio customers have found the product especially valuable for VDI, and with v2.0, Infinio has tuned the cache with heuristics and algorithms that better support VDI workloads. This will help virtualization administrators provide an even better experience to virtual desktop users while driving down the cost of VDI deployments.
More details about the product and a deeper look at the underlying architecture will be discussed at Tech Field Day during VMworld. More details and streaming video coverage will be available at http://techfieldday.com/event/vmwus14/.
Infinio Accelerator v2.0 will be in beta later this year, with general availability to follow. To be notified when the beta is available, register here: http://www.infinio.com/infinio-accelerator-20. To learn more about what Infinio can do for you today, request a free 30-day trial, at www.infinio.com, or attend a live product demo by registering here: http://www.infinio.com/see-infinio/product-demo.
Infinio Systems, Inc. is a market leader in I/O optimization for VMware vSphere environments, offering a software-only solution to improve the data storage performance of virtualized environments without the need for expensive storage hardware upgrades. Based in Cambridge, Mass., the company enjoys strong financial backing from tier-one venture capitalists including Bessemer Venture Partners, Highland Capital Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Osage University Partners. Infinio is an Elite-level VMware Technology Alliance Partner, a Citrix-Ready partner, an EMC Business Partner, a NetApp Advantage Alliance partner, and a finalist in the 2013 "Best of VMworld" awards for "Best New Technology." More information is available at www.infinio.com.
Social media links:
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/2737338
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Infinio
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Infinio/251586748307348
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130507/CL08091LOGO