NEW YORK, May 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of Pride celebrations have been canceled or postponed worldwide due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, Out Leadership, the oldest and largest global LGBT+ Business network is delighted to introduce Proudly Resilient this June - 30 days of events and virtual gatherings celebrating LGBT+ identity.
This June, Out Leadership is leveraging their platform as the only business organization working globally to promote LGBT+ equality to connect and convene leading businesses, global CEOs, LGBT+ nonprofits and NGOs from around the world through inspiring programming that will highlight the innovation, compassion and resilience inherent in the global LGBT+ equality movement.
"During this challenging and uncertain time, Proudly Resilient is an opportunity for us to make sure that our network of global business leaders and companies can still continue to show their support for LGBT+ equality in visible and meaningful ways," said Todd Sears, Out Leadership's CEO and Founder. "Throughout our entire history, the LGBT+ community has leveraged our unique empathy and talents to find joy in the darkest times, and a creative and innovative path forward. This crisis is no different as we once again come together to support each other, and both celebrate and protect the progress we have made towards full equality."
Spearheading the robust program of virtual events is Out Leadership's Head of Global Events Chris Frederick, who previously served as the Executive Director of NYC Pride for over 10 years. The full calendar of events for Proudly Resilient will be announced on May 15, 2020. A few of the keynote event streams include:
- Leading Through Our History: Thoughtful conversations with LGBT+ pioneers including Peter Staley (Co-Founder, The PrEP4All Collaboration), David Mixner (civil rights activist and author), Jim Obergefell (civil rights activist, plaintiff in Obergefell v. Hodges) and Kate Kendall (former Executive Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights).
- #OutLeaders in the World: Speaker panels featuring global CEOs from top companies around the world, as well as leaders from the world of sports, including Jason Collins, Nancy Lieberman and Billy Bean.
- Out Leadership Member Spotlight: A curated space for Out Leadership's 80+ member firms to feature content related to their key Pride initiatives.
- Global Pulse on Equality: In-depth regional convenings of activists and leaders fighting for LGBT+ equality around the globe.
- The Future of LGBT Talent: The launch of Out Leadership's OutGlobal, an innovative and groundbreaking global leadership development curriculum for the next generation of LGBT+ talent, building on eight years of the OutNEXT program, which has connected almost 2,000 emerging LGBT+ leaders across four continents. In addition, there will be QUORUM LGBT+ Board leadership training, and OutWOMEN virtual mentoring sessions.
- Out Leadership Overtime: A wide variety of featured nightlife personalities from drag queens to DJs to help celebrate the creative high energy of Pride virtually.
"Our community will always need the level of connection Pride provides, and a virus will never be able to take that away," said Frederick. "Out Leadership's Proudly Resilient virtual programming will bring together all facets of our diverse community and world-class leadership to address the important issues we all face in this challenging world."
In conjunction with Proudly Resilient, Out Leadership will release two new pieces of proprietary research during the month of June, which include:
- AllyUp (US): The results of a year-long global look into the power of LGBT+ Allies, how to inspire them into action and support their LGBT+ colleagues and how companies and leaders can better empower and leverage them. On June 25, Out Leadership will launch the US AllyUp report including pre- and post-COVID data and research. The global findings from 12 countries will be released in the fall of 2020 at events in London, Hong Kong and Sydney.
- The 2020 LGBT+ Business Climate Index: On June 1, to kick off Proudly Resilient, Out Leadership will unveil the 2020 LGBT+ Business Climate Index, featuring the latest data findings for all 50 US States and their 2020 rankings. This updated information includes a spotlight on "Most Improved States" while showing the year-over-year change across the country.
Embedded in the entire month of programming will be opportunities for attendees to learn how they can support and donate to Out Leadership's nonprofit partners around the globe.
Proudly Resilient is made possible with support from Out Leadership's 80+ global member firms as well as our Global Sponsors HSBC, Ropes & Gray, EY, KPMG and Greenberg Traurig.
ABOUT OUT LEADERSHIP
Out Leadership is the oldest and largest global LGBT+ business advisory that partners with the world's most influential companies to build business opportunities, cultivate talent, and drive LGBT equality forward. We believe that LGBT+ inclusion positively impacts business results, and that including LGBT+ people at the most senior level of executive leadership builds business. We call this idea Return on Equality™.
Out Leadership (a certified B Corporation) convenes CEOs, business leaders and allies at exclusive invitation only events across 4 continents. Out Leadership also operates three talent initiatives: QUORUM, which aims to increase LGBT+ representation on corporate boards; OutNEXT, the first global talent development program for emerging LGBT+ leaders; and OutWOMEN, connecting senior level LGBT+ women in business.
SOURCE Out Leadership