SEATTLE, July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Seabourn, the world's finest ultra-luxury cruise line, and Molton Brown are introducing Seabourn Signature Scents, a luxurious creation of exotic fragrances designed exclusively for Seabourn guests. It marks the latest launch of the 14-year collaboration between the award-winning cruise line and the London-based fragrance pioneers. Molton Brown's expertise at blending rare ingredients is combined with Seabourn's spirit of discovering the ocean's hidden gems to craft immersive, sophisticated body and hair collections.
"Our new Seabourn Signature Scents are the result of genuine collaboration with Molton Brown, with several months spent developing distinctive scent combinations that will serve to remind guests of the experience of their Seabourn cruise long after they've returned home," said Christopher Prelog, vice president of hotel operations for Seabourn.
Available onboard all three ships as complimentary bath amenities in guest suites, the Seabourn Signature Scents collection evokes boundless nautical adventures, inviting guests to explore secret treasures that wait in ports the line visits around the globe. Additionally, in early 2017, the Seabourn Signature Scents will be available for sale.
Two exclusive Seabourn Signature Scents were blended from four unique ingredients sourced from the coastlines that Seabourn ships explore:
- Immersive Samphire & Eucalyptus – The uplifting aromas of fresh samphire from the rocky, salt-sprayed Atlantic coast of France and enlivening eucalyptus from China are balanced with cardamom, cedarwood, violet and mint for a captivating finish in the body lotion and bath & shower gel. Perfumer Philippe Bousseton, who developed the blend, describes the Seabourn Signature Scent as, "a revitalizing and very fresh blend ideal for bathing, reminiscent of the sea and, ultimately, of the Seabourn experience."
- Inspiring Basil & Vetiver – Mirroring the relaxing, sanctuary-like ambience of The Spa at Seabourn, this scent blends Vietnamese basil oil and aromatic vetiver from Haiti with cardamom, bergamot, cedarwood and petitgrain for a shampoo and conditioner. Perfumer Heidrun Harder crafted the combination and describes the scent as, "very sophisticated, rounded and clean, with aromatic notes perfect for hair care."
"We worked very closely with the Seabourn team to develop these unique fragrances, resulting in completely bespoke blends and packaging designs that reflect the line's luxurious guest experience," said Gregory G. Habeeb, global vice president, Hotel & Hospitality at Molton Brown.
Guests can enjoy the distinctive aromas of Seabourn Signature Scents, which are arriving now, onboard all Seabourn cruise ships, as well as on the line's newest vessel, Seabourn Encore, launching in December 2016.
For more details about the award-winning Seabourn fleet, or to explore the worldwide selection of Seabourn cruising options, contact a professional travel advisor, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit www.seabourn.com.
Notes to Editors:
Seabourn is consistently ranked among the world's top travel choices by professional critics and the discerning readers of prestigious travel publications such as Departures, Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler. Its stylish, distinctive cruising vacations are renowned for:
- Intimate ships with no more than 300 suites
- Unique itineraries visiting must-see cities and hidden gems where larger ships cannot follow
- Intuitive, gracious service provided by a staff passionate about pleasing our guests
- Spacious all-suite accommodations with sweeping ocean views - many with verandas
- Gourmet dining experiences as fine as the best restaurants anywhere
- Open bars throughout the ship and fine wines poured with lunch and dinner
Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. The exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, AIDA, P&O Cruises UK and P&O Cruises Australia. Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL andNYSE: CUK). It has formed a partnership with United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to help protect World Heritage, and also supports the Ocean Conservation & Tourism Alliance, dedicated to education and promotion of best practices for protecting the marine environment.