Invest in Others Accepting Nominations for 2015 Community Leadership Awards
Awards Recognize Financial Advisors for Exemplary Philanthropy and Volunteerism
Feb 12, 2015, 09:15 ET
NEWTON, Mass., Feb. 12, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Invest in Others Charitable Foundation is now accepting nominations for its 2015 Community Leadership Awards. Now in its ninth year, the Community Leadership Awards program recognizes the philanthropic and volunteer activities of financial advisors.
Each year, advisors representing firms across the industry are nominated for their philanthropic contributions to a broad range of important humanitarian causes, including education, medical research and patient assistance, health and human services, financial literacy, and many more.
"Advisors are doing amazing work for their clients. They're also doing amazing work for their communities. Invest in Others will help you showcase that work. We need to effect positive change. Invest in Others will help you do that," said Guy Adami, CNBC Contributor and Invest in Others Board Member.
Nominations are accepted in five award categories:
- Catalyst: Presented to an advisor who has been an active stimulus for positive change and displayed entrepreneurial vision and leadership to a non-profit organization for at least 3 years. This may have been demonstrated by rejuvenating their organization from failing to thriving or helping to launch a new nonprofit organization.
- Community Service: Presented to an advisor who has made an outstanding impact on a community through managerial contributions to a non-profit organization for at least 3 years. This includes serving with distinction as a fundraiser, board member, or other executive position.
- Global Community Impact: Presented to an advisor who has made a lasting impact on a community in another country by actively serving as a volunteer for at least 3 years with a charity whose primary mission is to help those who live outside the United States.
- Volunteer of the Year: Presented to an advisor who has made a significant impact on a non-profit as a volunteer of at least 3 years by creating, implementing, or managing a project or program that has moved the organization forward and has made a lasting impact on his or her community.
- Lifetime Achievement: Presented to an advisor who has made a profound contribution to a non-profit organization through an established history of distinguished service, where he or she exhibited leadership, provided inspiration, and gained recognition and respect from peers and the community over a period of at least 10 years, helping the organization evolve and creating a lasting impact on the future of the organization.
Bill Dwyer, Chairman of the Board of Invest in Others, said, "We're looking forward to receiving hundreds of nominations this year and are truly excited to recognize the continued commitment that advisors are showing to their communities."
Invest in Others will make a generous donation to the designated charities of award finalists and winners. Finalists will receive $5,000, winners will receive $20,000, and the Lifetime Achievement Award winner will receive $25,000.
Winners will be announced at the ninth annual Community Leadership Awards dinner, scheduled for Wednesday, September 30, 2015 in New York City.
To nominate an advisor, or learn more, please visit www.investinothers.org/2015. The nomination deadline is April 15, 2015.
About the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
Established in 2006, the Invest in Others Charitable Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charity founded with the mission of encouraging, recognizing, and supporting the philanthropic and volunteer activities of financial advisors in their communities. The Invest in Others mission is achieved through a community-based approach to philanthropy that seeks to strengthen neighborhoods from within by empowering those who are committed to serving others in their professional and personal lives. As mentors, volunteers, fundraisers and leaders, financial advisors lend their unique skills and perspectives to the challenges and opportunities facing their neighbors. Invest in Others is proud to support and promote these efforts to better our world one community at a time. For more information, visit www.investinothers.org.
Jessica Dunham, Director of Communications
SOURCE Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
Share this article