MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- New York's attorney general recently announced he is investigating caffeine-heavy energy drinks about the ingredients and health value of these products. As the controversy heats up, Eruption Effervescent Energy™ supplements offer a healthy option to most energy drinks now on the market with high amounts of caffeine and sugar. As the popularity of energy drinks has increased in this fast-growing category, so have health concerns and medical issues associated with them:
- A 14-year old girl recently died of caffeine toxicity after drinking two 24-ounce cans of a popular energy drink which contained 480 mg of caffeine, the equivalent of 10 cans of soda. (NBC TODAY Show)
- More than a tenfold increase in the number of emergency room visits between 2005 and 2009 after consumers drink popular caffeinated energy drinks, according to a new government report. (WebMD.com)
- Senator Richard Durbin, (D-Illinois) has requested the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to regulate energy drinks and disclose caffeine contents.
Eruption Effervescent Energy™, a healthy energy alternative now available in stores across the country, is a natural energy powder supplement which can be added to any beverage (ex. water, juice, iced tea), providing an energy boost that increases energy levels safely. Eruption is for everyone from fitness enthusiasts to busy moms and tired employees experiencing an afternoon energy lull. Eruption is available in thousands of convenience and specialty stores including Casey's, Freedom, Kum & Go, Holiday, Marathon, Super America and many other retail locations. "We developed Eruption to fill a void in the energy drink marketplace," said Joshua Shirk, president/co-founder of Eruption." To see how much energy Eruption gives you, watch the "Jackalope Job" video.
Packed with vitamins and amino acids, Eruption has:
- Only 45 mg of caffeine (equivalent to half the amount of a cup of coffee)
- Sweetened with natural Stevia (no Aspartame or Sucralose)
- Very few carbs (2)
- Very low calories (10)
- More electrolytes than leading sports drinks
- CoQ10 for heart and blood pressure
- Vitamins B2, B3, B6 and B12
- High in antioxidant Vitamin C
SOURCE Eruption Effervescent Energy