NEW YORK, Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Investopedia (www.investopedia.com), one of the largest financial and investing education sites online, announced the winners of its "2019 Best Online Brokers Awards."
Top honorees include Fidelity Investments, Interactive Brokers, Charles Schwab, TradeStation, and TD Ameritrade. Investopedia's Best Online Brokers Awards feature 12 categories including Best Overall Online Brokers, Best Stock Trading Apps, Best for Options Trading, Best Brokers for Low Costs, and more. To see the complete list of winners and rankings by category, please visit our Best Online Brokers Awards page here or see below.
Theresa W. Carey, a former Barron's columnist and an active trader with more than 25 years of experience reviewing financial technology, helped create and lead the evaluation process behind the Awards. The Investopedia review methodology considers thousands of variables across trading technology, mobile capability, user interface, research tools, and costs and fees. Additionally, unique to Investopedia's Awards, many top brokers gave in-person demos of their platforms to explain their particular value proposition.
"Investopedia's Best Online Brokers Awards takes a fresh look at services for investors and we are proud to announce our winners," says Theresa W. Carey, Investopedia's Brokerage and Investing Expert. She continues, "Our broker reviews are terrific resources for early investors and experts alike to help them choose the best possible broker for their trading style."
Investopedia's Best Online Brokers Awards are one of the most comprehensive broker reviews in the industry. Backed by Investopedia's award-winning editorial team, the winners provide excellent solutions in a time of market uncertainty.
Caleb Silver, Investopedia's Editor in Chief, states, "Since 1999, Investopedia has been educating millions of self-directed investors to trade and invest responsibly." He continues, "Investopedia's Best Online Brokers Awards are the next and giant step for us to amplify our mission and help guide investors to the right tools to help them succeed, especially during volatile times like these."
The winners of the Best Online Brokers Awards include:
- Best Overall Online Brokers: Fidelity Investments, Interactive Brokers, Charles Schwab, TradeStation, TD Ameritrade
- Best for Beginners: TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Merrill Edge, Charles Schwab, Fidelity Investments
- Best for Low Costs: Interactive Brokers, Robinhood, tastyworks, eOption, Lightspeed
- Best Stock Trading Apps: TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Fidelity Investments, Merrill Edge, Charles Schwab
- Best for ETFs: Charles Schwab, Fidelity Investments, TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, E*TRADE
- Best for Options Trading: Interactive Brokers, Lightspeed, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Charles Schwab, tastyworks
- Best for Penny Stocks: Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, eOption, Fidelity Investments, Charles Schwab
- Best for Roth IRAs: Merrill Edge, Fidelity Investments, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, E*TRADE
- Best for IRAs: Merrill Edge, Fidelity Investments, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, E*TRADE
- Best for Day Trading: Interactive Brokers, Lightspeed, TradeStation, TD Ameritrade, tastyworks
- Best for International Trading: Interactive Brokers, Fidelity Investments, Charles Schwab
- Best for Forex Trading: IG, OANDA, Forex.com, Pepperstone
- Best Web Trading Platforms: Fidelity Investments, Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Merrill Edge, E*TRADE
Investopedia helps its more than 11 million monthly U.S. users (comScore Media Metrix January 2019) learn how to understand complex financial concepts, improve their investing skills, and learn how to manage their money. Whether in a classroom, a boardroom or a living room, Investopedia editors and its network of financial advisors and experts have answered questions and earned readers' trust since 1999. Investopedia is part of the Dotdash family of brands.