BOSTON, Dec. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Analyzing early adopter reviews of Apple's iPhone X from major online retailers, a new report from the Consumer Sentiment Analysis (CSA) service at Strategy Analytics "Early Buyer Sentiment: iPhone X Consumer Sentiment High for Camera, Display, and Face ID" has found that its camera is the major driver among positive ratings and in particular, the front facing camera which allows Apple's new security feature, Face ID, is a key market differentiator.
Key report findings include:
- Apple's upgraded front-facing TrueDepth camera has allowed new security and augmented reality features through Face ID and Animojis, respectively. In particular, Consumer sentiment surrounding Face ID is extremely positive.
- Consumer sentiment for the display and battery is also positive. Around 80% of reviews for these core features are positive though sentiment remained greater for the camera.
- Brand equity remains an important factor for the iPhone X. As an established brand with a loyal customer base, those already in the Apple ecosystem will continue to purchase these products.
Adam Thorwart, Lead Analyst and report author commented, "Overall, early adopters of the iPhone X are satisfied with the device. The combination of consumer sentiment for device features and Apple's brand reputation help this device become a standout product in the US Smartphone market."
Kevin Nolan, VP, UXIP added, "The iPhone X has upgraded virtually every core device feature so it stands to reason that iPhone consumers will likely be satisfied with the device. The upgrades to the camera are particularly noteworthy. It will be interesting to see how other manufacturers respond to the innovations bought about by Apple though this generation of iPhone."
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com.
About Consumer Sentiment Analysis (CSA)
Strategy Analytics' Consumer Sentiment Analytics service tracks and analyzes customer ratings and feedback on the top selling smartphones. Monthly reports track buyer sentiment for currently active leading devices, while regular strategic analysis reports highlight trends and offer insight on issues such as improving customer satisfaction, NPS etc. For current active top selling smartphones, Consumer Sentiment Analytics reports on a monthly basis:
Customer Feedback Ratings (current, evolution since product launch)
- Ratings by channel/carrier
- Sentiment rating from feedback posted in past 30 days vs. previous
- Comparison against leading competitors currently active in market
- Comparison against previous generation of product over lifecycle
- Analysis of sources of (dis)satisfaction (battery, price, etc.)
Consumer Sentiment Analytics delivers strategic analysis reports highlighting key insights and trends. Topics are driven by client input and requests. Click here for more information.
US Contact: Adam Thorwart, +1 617 614 0748, firstname.lastname@example.org
European Contact: Diane O'Neill, +44(0) 1908 423 669, email@example.com
SOURCE Strategy Analytics