iPhones Meet Skateboards...and Skateboard Legends
Skate Legends Re-Introduce Their Deck Designs Through iPhone Element Case Designs.
13 Apr, 2012, 02:18 ET
SAN CARLOS, Calif., April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Element Case Inc., manufacturer of high quality lifestyle accessories for the iPhone® and iPad®, has introduced the Element Case Skate Legends Series™ featuring iconic graphics from legendary riders and their (in)famous skate decks.
Replicating these skate deck graphics, the Element Case Vapor Pro™, Element Case Vapor Comp™ and Element Case Formula 4™ are now available in classic stylings that represent some of the best-loved riders of all time. These include such icons as Andy MacDonald, Lester Kasai, Christian Hosoi, Billy Ruff, Duane Peters, Kevin Staab, Steve Caballero, Doug Saladino, Brad Bowman and more.
In addition to the all-star-rider line up, Element Case has resurrected several unforgettable graphics from Powell Peralta® including "The Ripper," "Ray Bones" and "Vato Rat," to name a few. The '70s, '80s and '90s were incredible decades for the world of skateboarding. From the Z-Boys, backyard pools, to the McTwist, handrails and the 900, skating has bore witness to many dynamic individuals executing revolutionary and incredible feats of creative athletic ability.
Now that ethos is available with the style aesthetic of that era in this limited series and includes an homage to that explosive era via the iPhone® 4 / iPhone® 4s, by combining them with three of Element Case's premium iPhone® 4 / iPhone® 4s protective cases. Now true enthusiasts can sport their favorite skateboard graphics from the past on the iPhone® 4/ iPhone® 4s.
Replicating skate deck graphics, The Element Case Vapor Pro™, Element Case Vapor Comp™ and Element Case Formula 4™ are the perfect iPhone accessories to represent one's favorite rider.
These iPhone accessories include:
- Three case options to choose from.
- Authentic screen printed graphics to match the quality of the original skate deck of the Legend's riders.
- Vapor Pro kits that include the Transit Zipper case, removable Skate Legends backplate, Speed wrench and Individual Skate Legends biography card.
- Vapor Comp cases that kit include removable Skate Legends backplate, Speed wrench and Individual skate Legends biography card.
- Formula 4 kits that include non-removable Skate Legends backplate and Individual Skate Legends biography card.
- Vapor Backplate kit that includes (1) vapor backplate, and Individual Skate Legends biography card.
The Legends that inspired this line include:
- Steve Caballero, "Cab," a member of the Bones Brigade who skated the closing ceremonies of the 1996 Olympics and was named "Skater of the Century" in 1999.
- Andy MacDonald, one of the most well-known and versatile professional skateboarders in the world who has won 21 X Games medals and was crowned World Cup Skateboarding's World Champion 8 years in a row. (He's even skated down the marble hallways of the White House.)
- Brad Bowman, the smooth and stylishly fluid skater from the '70s, needs no introduction.
- Christian Hosoi epitomizes style, flair and charisma—as well as being credited with developing the Christ Air and Rocket Air.
- Kevin Staab was the kid with the crazy hair, a severe color-clashing wardrobe and an over-abundance of protective equipment who has innovated more than his share of tricks, like fakie-ollies, blunts, blunt-to-fakie, pop-tarts, the mirage, finger-flip frontside-airs and illusions.
- Doug Saladino is a true pioneer of pool riding and a hero to many a young skater of his day.
- Lester Kasai is known for his stylishly huge airs and was a top competitor in the '80s Pro circuit.
- Duane Peters was the first skater in history to complete the "Loop of Death" and is credited with the innovation of a number of tricks, like the Sweeper, acid-drop, the Disaster, invert-revert and Indy air.
Powell-Peralta is one of the biggest names in skateboarding. A manufacturer and distributor of high performance skateboarding equipment since the late 1970s, their unique style and classically iconic imagery stimulated the imagination of a large segment of impressionable youth all over the world. Combine that with the charismatic character of the members of their team, the Bones Brigade, Powell-Peralta had the magic formula to occupy a place of prominence during skate boarding's rise in popularity in the 1980s.
About Element Case
Founded in 2007 by veteran Industrial Designer Jeff Sasaki, Element Case Inc., (www.elementcase.com) utilizes a strong team of Industrial Designers, Graphic Designers and Visionaries to create unsurpassed products for the Apple accessories market.
Offering innovative designs and precision manufacturing from the highest grade materials, Element Case offers a unique and treasured product line to the most discerning Apple customer.
Available online and through retailers and distributors, Element Case products are found in more than 20 countries.
SOURCE Element Case Inc.
Share this article