FT. WORTH, Texas, June 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- ESX 2016 -- Qolsys, provider of best-in-class residential security and smarthome solutions, announced today that its next generation panel, the IQ Panel 2 earned the prestigious 2016 TechVision Challenge award, a form of "Best in Show" at the Electronic Security Expo (ESX), a national trade event run by the Electronic Security Association (ESA) for dealers, integrators, and monitoring professionals in the security and smarthome industry.
After previously winning a 2016 Innovation Award in the category of Controllers and Control Panels, the IQ Panel 2 was chosen to compete in the ESX TechVision Challenge—a head-to-head judged competition in a "Shark Tank" style format for only the ten most innovative products and services from the field of ESX 2016 Innovation Award winners. Each contestant was given a few minutes behind closed doors to present their product or service before "industry sharks" selected by the ESX management team. The judges challenged participants to "prove" why their new product or service was deserving of the title "Best in Show."
"This is a great recognition for the hard work and effort our entire team has put into innovating and bringing a fresh approach to the market," said Mike Hackett, Senior VP Sales and Marketing for Qolsys. "With 7" touchscreen control panels becoming the new standard in our industry it made sense to develop a smaller, more powerful platform that met the expectations for today's consumer technology."
The ESX Innovation Awards honor industry products and services for their innovative technology, design or application. Winners were selected by a panel of judges who evaluated the products and services entered for their potential to help security and life safety professionals run, grow, and maximize their businesses, as well as rethink the future.
"This years "Shark Tank" style TechVision Challenge was very competitive with many great products," said George De Marco, ESX Chairman. "Qolsys is known for their innovative approach, and the IQ Panel 2 is a beautiful product we are proud to award this years "Best in Show."
The IQ Panel 2 is the first all-in-one security and smarthome platform that combines advanced hardware and leading interactive software services to deliver a best-in-class experience and long-term investment protection for dealers and end-users. Key features include LTE, WiFi, Blutooth, on-board router and a built in panel camera. Other innovative software applications include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, the ability to send disarm photos to the smartphone and more.
With the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ quad-core 400 processor – a highly integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) that supports LTE cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and HD display, the IQ Panel 2 includes four field replaceable radio slots for current and future connectivity, and an integrated 5 Megapixel HD camera. Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The IQ Panel 2 integrates leading smart home services, powered by Alarm.com (Nasdaq: ALRM). This ensures reliable and easy to use awareness and control for consumers across a broad range of integrated connected devices through a single, intuitive mobile app. Security Dealers can adopt the new IQ Panel 2 with confidence, knowing that it's fully supported by Alarm.com's Mobile Tech installation app and AirFX remote support tool.
Summary of IQ Panel 2 Features
The IQ Panel 2 delivers a broad set of enhancements, including data encryption on every radio interface, industry-leading IoT support, integration of Alarm.com services, and flexibility to accommodate customization and future innovation. Specific features of the platform include:
- Modern, elegant wall mount or tabletop panel with small form factor (dimensions: 7.67 inches wide, 5.11 inches tall and 0.91 inches thick), edge-to-edge glass and a 7-inch, high-resolution (1280 x 800 pixels) capacitive touchscreen.
- Clean, intuitive graphical user interface with multi-gesture capability.
- Integrated 5MP HD panel camera provides built-in motion/presence detection to trigger home automation rules and captures disarm photos and alarm videos that are automatically delivered to the Qolsys cloud.
- Innovative glass break sensor application uses the built-in dual high-fidelity microphones to protect against intrusion and save cost.
- Ability to be paired with optional remote access panels for persistent control and access throughout the home.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core Processor, a fully integrated SoC, features:
- Native LTE cellular support for all major cellular standards – SIM card support for various cellular carriers, minimizes panel SKU's and reduces dealer installation time.
- Native Wi-Fi 802.11ac – Supports up to 350 Mbps speeds over both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz channels, allowing the panel to serve as a router for private, secure connectivity to remote access panels, IP Cameras and other Wi-Fi ecosystem devices within the home.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.0 – Supports secure, hands-free disarming of the panel when arriving home, enabling the smartphone to replace the key fob, which increases system use and lowers attrition.
- Integrated Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU – For advanced graphics and HD display.
- SE Android 5.1.1 Operating System – Includes a token-based file system and superior secure cloud connectivity. Enables Qolsys to develop highly advanced applications and scale them to be updated and delivered over Wi-Fi without the need for dealer service calls.
- Four field-replaceable and encrypted radio cards:
- SRF (Security Radio Frequency) – Supports up to 128 Qolsys encrypted S-Line sensors, as well as legacy 319.5 MHz sensors.
- Z-Wave Plus – For performance, reliability and with always-on encryption for up to 232 Z-wave devices.
- Alarm.com's proprietary radio – For up to 5 Image Sensors, each a motion sensor with a built in still camera.
- PowerG – Tyco's leading military-grade wireless encryption technology with frequency hopping that enables superior range, stronger immunity from radio frequency interference and better overall security system reliability.
- Alarm.com Interactive Security:
- Dedicated cellular connection on Verizon's super-fast LTE network offers reliable and secure communications and facilitates easy and automatic software updates from the cloud, including updates to the underlying OS, the application layer, and the firmware.
- Includes Dual Path connectivity that intelligently routes data over cellular and Wi-Fi connections for speed and redundancy.
- Allows total control of the IQ Panel 2 platform from the Alarm.com smartphone app and web portal.
- Alarm.com's Enterprise Partner Services for security dealers enable seamless installation through Mobile Tech, remote troubleshooting, and enhanced support to ensure optimal system performance.
The beta program for IQ Panel 2 began in April 2016 following ISC West in Las Vegas, Nevada and will continue throughout the summer, with an expected release once the beta is complete.
Qolsys continues to demonstrate its dedication to residential security and home control by providing the most reliable and innovative platform, resulting in increased conversion, end-user satisfaction, fewer truck rolls, increased RMR, improved customer support and decreased total cost of ownership.
About the IQ Panel All-in-One Platform
The Qolsys IQ Panel is the industry's most technically advanced home security and smarthome platform with interactive services powered by Alarm.com. It is the first and only security panel on the Android operating system, delivering custom software applications and a framework for routine software updates over the cloud. The IQ Panel features several industry firsts, including a 7-inch touchscreen with an intuitive graphical user interface for security and smart home control, Dual Path and cloud connectivity over cellular and Wi-Fi for intelligent redundancy, reliability and speed. It also features a built-in panel camera to capture disarm photos, Z-Wave support for up to 75 lifestyle devices; two-way voice, and easy to install hardware with no external antennas, standard 24-hour lithium-ion battery and UL-rated siren.
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Qolsys is reinventing the security and smarthome market by creating products that are elegant, intuitive, reliable and secure. Qolsys is dedicated to improving the quality of life by integrating computing and communications technologies with its proprietary software to deliver the most advanced platforms for security, energy, wellness and smart home management. The revolutionary all-in-one IQ Panel platform features an embedded camera; integrates with Alarm.com's market-leading interactive security, video monitoring, energy management and home automation; and leverages the robust software development environment of the Android OS, enabling innovative applications and the routine delivery of software upgrades to customers over the cloud with dual path cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity. Qolsys integrates best-in-class technology and services from Alarm.com, Qualcomm, Android, Verizon, AT&T, and Foxconn to deliver reliable, scalable and secure platforms. Learn more at http://qolsys.com/
Ken Arnold, Director of Communications, Qolsys – email@example.com, Ph: 855-476-5797
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/iq-panel-2-named-best-in-show-winner-of-techvision-challenge-at-esx-2016-300282982.html
SOURCE Qolsys Inc.