WASHINGTON, March 23, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Aspen Institute, in association with Comcast Corporation, will convene a morning of discussions entitled, The Aspen Institute Symposium on the State of Race in America. The Symposium is intended to explore new attitudes, opportunities, and challenges for and about people of color in 21st century America. Public discussions will focus on Race and the University and Shifting Demographics in Urban Communities.
More information and a live-stream of key sessions will be available at: as.pn/stateofrace
Editor's Note: Press and public can register at https://aspeninstitute.wufoo.com/forms/2016-state-of-race-in-america-registration/
Who: Opening remarks delivered by David L. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President Officer and Chief Diversity Officer of Comcast Corporation and Charles M. Firestone, Executive Director of the Aspen Institute Communications and Society Program.
Other speakers include:
- Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Mayor, Baltimore, Maryland
- Ray Suarez, Host, Al Jazeera America
- Juan Williams, Political Analyst, Fox News
- Richard Lui, Anchor, NBC News and MSNBC
- Eduardo Padrón, President, Miami Dade College
- Sue Chan, Councilmember, Fremont, California
- Phoebe Haddon, Chancellor, Rutgers University-Camden
- Nailah Harper-Malveaux, Student Activist, Yale University
- DeRay Mckesson, Co-Founder, We the Protestors and Mayoral Candidate, Baltimore, Maryland
- Dawn Phillips, Executive Director, Right to the City
When: March 29, 2016 at 8:30AM – 1:45PM ET
Where: The Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/issues-of-race-in-america-to-be-discussed-at-aspen-institute-symposium-300239956.html
SOURCE The Aspen Institute