LONDON, June 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Technology Business Management (TBM) Council, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting best practices for Technology Business Management will host its first TBM Council European Summit on June 18 at The Tower of London. The summit is designed to surface and discuss top-of-mind issues for IT executives and finance leaders, including the strategies they employ to improve their services portfolios, optimize costs, fund innovation and create better transparency.
Comprised of more than 1,200 forward-thinking IT and business leaders globally, the Council chose to host a TBM Summit in Europe to address the unique challenges and opportunities facing CIOs in the region. To facilitate the discussion, the TBM Council European Summit will feature the following speakers among many others:
- Alan Peacock, Director, Group Infrastructure & Service Delivery, Lloyds Banking Group
- Suzette Unger, CFO of Technology – Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Eveline Oehrlich, VP and Research Director, Forrester Research, Inc.
- Nigel Underwood, CIO, International Airlines Group
- Debra Bailey, Group Services Director, Nationwide Building Society
- Nasir Omar, Head of Business Improvement, Global Infrastructure Services, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Patrick Scheidegger, Chief of Staff, General Insurance IT Executive at Zurich Insurance Ltd
In addition to the impressive lineup of speakers, IT trailblazers from Europe's most recognizable companies will be in attendance. This includes market leaders within the banking, finance, insurance, technology and energy sectors, among many others. As the role of the CIO continues to evolve, the TBM Council European Summit will address the strategies today's modern IT leaders need to succeed in response to these changes.
"We are thrilled to be hosting a TBM Summit in London and hear directly from our European members," said Chris Pick, President and Founder of the TBM Council. "The TBM Council was founded by CIOs interested in expanding their function to play a more strategic role in growing the businesses. TBM equips CIOs with the technology, language and strategies necessary to clearly demonstrate the valuable impact IT can bring to the business as a whole."
Session topics to be discussed include:
- Optimising Value by Promoting Best Practices and Standards for Running IT as a Business
- Getting started with TBM
- Driving alignment by demonstrating the cost, quality and value of IT across the business
- Enabling a Products Portfolio to Better Service the Business
The TBM Council is led by some of the world's most innovative CIOs at companies like Time Warner, Goldman Sachs, The Clorox Company, The Coca-Cola Company and Cisco, to name a few. The TBM Council's technical advisor is Apptio, the leading provider of Technology Business Management (TBM) SaaS applications.
About the TBM Council
Governed by innovative CXOs from a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies, the Technology Business Management (TBM) Council is a nonprofit business entity focused on the development of a definitive framework for running technology organizations like a business. Our mission is to serve equally our members and our profession by synthesizing TBM best practices into a professional and recognized discipline for technology leaders. By participating in the TBM Council, members learn from their peers how to maximize the business impact of every dollar invested in technology and to become more strategic to the business. The TBM Council is open to any qualified business technology executive. To learn more about the TBM Council, visit: www.tbmcouncil.org.
SOURCE TBM Council