PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Now more than ever, Americans are craving comfort foods and treats. With Halloween right around the corner, indulging in sweets will certainly be tempting. Chocolate milk, the official drink of Halloween, can help fill the void.
Whether boiling it in your bubbling cauldron or enjoying an icy chill at first sip, chocolate milk is the drink that can raise your spirits. Don't be afraid to try this hauntingly delicious beverage to help you unravel and unwind. Use it to shrug off a bone-rattling work week by planning a socially distanced séance, with just a very few of your closest witches and warlocks. Or recoil alone to your cozy crypt with your favorite goblet and book of spells.
Dress up this season's drink of choice for grown-ups with these scary good recipes from SavorRecipes.com.
Ghoulish Chocolate Caramel Mar-scream-i
Caramel 'blood' takes this martini from delicious to devilish. Shake things up by serving in a rocks glass or highball class.
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream syrup
- 3 drops of red food dye
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces caramel-flavored vodka
- 2 ounces Kahlua liqueur
- 4 ounces chocolate milk
- Mix caramel syrup and food dye on small flat dish.
- Rim rocks glass or martini glass wit colored caramel syrup. Gently spoon on additional syrup on rim to create a dripping effect.
- Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- In shaker with ice, combine vodka, Kahlua, and chocolate milk. Shake to mix thoroughly.
- Pour drink into rimmed glass and serve cold.
Cookies and Scream Bourbon Milk Punch
This simple, spooky, stripped-down cocktail can be made in seconds and served in a mason jar for a down-home country feel.
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup ice cream topping
- 1 crushed chocolate cookie
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 4 ounces chocolate milk
- Finely crush chocolate cookie.
- Rim half-pint mason jar glass with chocolate syrup. Gently roll rim of glass in cookie crumbs.
- Fill rimmed half-pint mason jar with ice and set aside.
- In shaker filled with ice, combine bourbon and chocolate milk. Shake thoroughly.
- Strain drink into rimmed glass and serve cold.
About American Dairy Association North East
American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is the local affiliate of the National Dairy Council® and the regional consolidation of three promotion organizations including the American Dairy Association and Dairy Council, Inc., Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association and Pennsylvania Dairy Promotion Program. Committed to nutrition education and research-based communications, ADANE provides science-based nutrition information to, and in collaboration with, a variety of stakeholders committed to fostering a healthier nation, including health professionals, educators, school nutrition directors, academia, industry, consumers and media. Funded by dairy checkoff dollars from nearly 10,000 dairy farm families in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and northern Virginia, ADANE works closely with Dairy Management Inc.™ to bring a fully integrated promotion program to the North East region. For more information, visit www.AmericanDairy.com.
SOURCE American Dairy Association North East