SAN FRANCISCO, June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ICAP Patent Brokerage, a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage firm and organizer of ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions, is offering for auction a patented technique to contact news-making individuals and organizations directly and efficiently. The lot will be included in the 16th ICAP Ocean Tomo IP Auction on July 26, 2012, at the Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco, California.
"We are excited to be offering this patent technology lot for auction to our global buyer base." Dean Becker, CEO, ICAP Patent Brokerage, ICAP Ocean Tomo Auctions.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
This patent portfolio outlines a digital media communication system that is described by some as "Reverse Twitter."
- The portfolio discloses techniques that improve a user's ability to contact individuals within an organization.
- The invention provides the consumer with the proper point of contact within the organization depending upon the issue.
- The invention allows individuals to express their opinion directly to newsmakers (both individuals and organizations) featured in an article.
- Further, this system tracks active issues and indexes entities responsible for addressing the issue (potentially people within companies or government agencies).
- The technique involves, for example, scanning a document or article and matching it against a database of known individuals and organizations.
This is an important portfolio for social networking or search engine providers.
To learn more about the assets available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Tim Schnurr of ICAP Patent Brokerage at 212-815-6693 or [email protected]
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is a division of ICAP plc and the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm.
ICAP is the world's leading interdealer broker and provider of post trade risk and information services. The Group matches buyers and sellers in the wholesale markets in interest rates, credit, commodities, FX, emerging markets and equity derivatives through voice and electronic networks. Through our post trade risk and information services we help our customers manage and mitigate risks in their portfolios. For more information go to www.icap.com.
SOURCE ICAP Patent Brokerage