HARTFORD, Wis., Oct. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Each Halloween more than 41 million American children dress up and trick-or-treat, meaning more people ring doorbells on Oct. 31 than any other day of the year. In celebration of J. Ralph Corbett, inventor of the first NuTone brand melodious door chime, and the day of the year that your doorbell will see the most action, this Oct. 31 is the first annual National Doorbell Day.
Celebrate by taking part in neighborhood trick-or-treat festivities and connecting with families down the street. The simple act of ringing a doorbell brings neighbors closer. That's especially true if the doorbell offers homeowners the chance to talk to, see and connect with guests at the front door.
This Halloween know exactly which little ghosts and goblins are trick-or-treating at the front door before you even open it. The inventors of the first door chime created the brand new NuTone Knock Video Doorbell, which allows homeowners to see and speak to visitors from anywhere in the world in crystal clear HD resolution on their smartphone or tablet. With integrated motion activation and night vision, homeowners will always know when someone is at the door and have peace of mind that their home is safe and secure, no matter where they are. That means checking in on the house while on vacation, or ensuring witches and vampires aren't taking more than one piece from the doorstep candy bucket while you relax at a neighbor's trick-or-treat cider stop down the street.
"We designed NuTone Knock because homeowners asked for a multi-function doorbell system that combines the best intercom technology with security," said Jessica Lindquist, Global Category Director, Home Comfort & Convenience, for NuTone. "We created National Doorbell Day to remind homeowners of the connection they feel with neighbors and friends on the busiest doorbell ringing day of the year."
The NuTone Knock Video Doorbell offers multiple advanced features that set it apart from existing video doorbells. NuTone Knock is easy to install, thanks to built-in voltage detection and better Wi-Fi signal strength. The strong Wi-Fi connection allows installation at a greater distance from your router while still maintaining a reliable connection, thereby limiting the need for a Wi-Fi range extender. It's durable enough to withstand dust and water, and is tested from -22F to 122F. Offering a clean and simple design, NuTone Knock is designed to look great on any home, fits most door mullions and is offered in a model that can be flush mounted.
"NuTone Knock isn't just another video doorbell," Lindquist said. "It's both reliable and user-friendly and allows you to have the comforts and security of home from anywhere in the world."
Additional NuTone Knock features include:
- Two-way audio and HD video from your door to any smartphone or tablet around the world, or from the comfort of your own home
- Night vision camera allows you to see who is at your door in crystal clear high definition in any low light condition
- Motion detection technology will alert you of any movements and record video to the cloud for later playback, meaning you will know who is on your property even if they don't ring the doorbell
- Quiet hours option silences the door chime during nap time, family time or movie night
- Easy installation: connects easily to existing doorbell power and offers a built-in voltage detector to assist in the installation process
- Works with your existing doorbell wiring, so a battery that won't work in extreme heat or cold isn't required
- Weather resistant rating of IP65
- 180-degree high definition camera lens
- Cloud recording gives customers automatic recording of up to 15 seconds of video before a button press or motion event and up to 30 seconds after. Subscriptions are available for $3/month or $30/year, with the first month free.
To learn more about National Doorbell Day and how you can celebrate, click on the National Day Calendar website: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-doorbell-day-october-31/.
NuTone Knock is available this fall on Amazon.com, Build.com or from your local NuTone distributor. Visit http://www.nutone.com to learn more.
ABOUT BROAN® LLC and NuTone
BROAN® LLC is North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential ventilation products including range hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, balanced ventilation systems (IAQ), built-in heaters, attic ventilators. NuTone®, a registered trademark of BROAN® LLC, manufactures and distributes residential built-in convenience products including door chimes, central vacuum systems, ceiling fans, intercom systems, ironing centers and ventilation fans. BROAN® LLC is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® partner.
SOURCE Broan-NuTone LLC