SEATTLE, Sept. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To commemorate Ivar's 75th anniversary, the Seattle seafood restaurant has released Ivar's Seafood Cookbook: The O-fish-al Guide to Cooking the Northwest Catch (Sasquatch Books; September 2013; $29.95), which combines history, recipes and entertainment. The first-ever cookbook, from the popular company that continuously makes headlines for its quirky culture and legendary stunts, features a collection of 62 fresh Northwest seafood recipes, along with anecdotes and beautiful photos that explore Ivar's rich history and decades of adventures. The recipes are a mix of favorites from the restaurant's menus, like Ivar's Famous Puget Sound Clam Chowder and Dungeness Crab Cakes, and new additions, such as Grilled Halibut Cheeks with Cherry Chutney and Breaded Razor Clams with Jalapeno-Ginger Tartar Sauce.
To shell-ebrate the book launch, Ivar's has released an o-fish-al video trailer, and will be conducting book signing appearances throughout the month. Ivar's representatives, co-author Jess Thomson and the Ivar's Dancing Clam mascot – for select appearances – will be on hand throughout the events, including:
- Ivar's Acres of Clams (Pier 54) – September 11, 6 – 8 p.m. – Kicking it off where the seafood magic started 75 years ago, Ivar's President Bob Donegan and the Acres of Clams chef will tell stories, sign cookbooks, dole out prizes and sample the dishes that keep Ivar's a waterfront favorite. With each cookbook purchase, guests will receive a $5 voucher for food and drink.
- Santoro's Books (7405 Greenwood Ave N) – September 13, 6 – 8 p.m. – During the neighborhood's popular Friday Art Walk, Bob Donegan and Jess Thomson will be signing books and serving up samples of the cookbook's delicious deep-sea recipes.
- University Bookstore (4326 University Way NE) – September 18, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. – Bob Donegan, Jess Thomson and Ivar's Dancing Clam will give seafood fans a sneak peek inside the colorful pages of the cookbook, with storied tales of Ivar Haglund and samples of their favorite Ivar's recipes.
- Ivar's Salmon House (401 NE Northlake Way) – September 25, 6 – 8 p.m. – Bob Donegan will team up with the Salmon House chef for an evening of cookbook recipe tastings, Ivar's legends and raffle prizes – plus, with every cookbook purchase guests receive $5 toward food and drink.
- Costco Warehouses – Bob Donegan and the Dancing Clam will visit three Costco locations throughout the greater Seattle area for book signings and give a clam-tastic account of Ivar's history in the Puget Sound.
- Shoreline (1175 North 205th Street) – October 5, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Issaquah (1801 10th Ave NW) – October 6, 12 – 2 p.m.
- Kirkland (8629 120th Ave NE) – October 12, 12 – 2 p.m.
- Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (710 Front St, Mukilteo) – October 9, 6 – 8 p.m. – Bob Donegan and the Mukilteo Landing chef will sign cookbooks and welcome guests to try fresh samples of the cookbook dishes and enter to win prizes. Guests will also receive a $5 voucher on food and drink for each cookbook purchased.
- Cookbook Social at Palace Ballroom (2100 5th Ave) – December 3, 4 – 7 p.m. – Bob Donegan and Jess Thomson will join 20 other local cookbook authors to share a tasty treat from the Ivar's recipe collection and offer cookbooks just in time for the holiday season!
"Ivar Haglund was part of Seattle's waterfront, history and culinary tradition, and for the 75th anniversary of his restaurants, it was important to honor his whimsical nature with more than a standard cookbook," said Bob Donegan. "With a combination of favorite recipes and colorful tales, the cookbook is able to capture his playful spirit and will be the first of many events to celebrate 75 years of serving the Northwest."
The cookbook will be offered for the promotional price of $25 ($4.95 off list price) at Ivar's locations (excluding stadiums), www.Ivars.com, select Costco stores and wherever fine books are sold. For the full schedule of events and to keep afloat with details on the 75th anniversary festivities and dining promotions, visit www.Ivars.com, follow Ivar's on Twitter and Like the o-fish-al Facebook page.
Ivar's began selling seafood on Seattle's waterfront in 1938. Today, there are 23 Ivar's fast casual Seafood Bars and three full-service restaurants: Ivar's Acres of Clams, Ivar's Salmon House and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing. Ivar's Seafood, Soup and Sauce Company markets and sells its award-winning soups, chowders and sauces both nationally and internationally. The company also operates regional stadium concessions including Safeco Field, CenturyLink Field and KeyArena. Learn more at www.Ivars.com.