MAHWAH, N.J., Jan. 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jaguar Land Rover North America sales increase 20 percent for 2013 with 66,962 units sold
- Land Rover sets new U.S. full year sales record for the brand of 50,010 units with increase of 15 percent for 2013
- All new aluminum Range Rover increases 56 percent for 2013
- Jaguar finishes 2013 as one of the fastest growing automotive brands in the United States with 41 percent growth versus 2012 reaching 16,952 units
- All-wheel drive and new powertrains helps Jaguar XF achieve a 43 percent gain for 2013
- Autobytel names Jaguar F-TYPE and Land Rover Range Rover its Car and Truck of the Year for 2014.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America increases 17 percent in December, for its best retail sales month since 2006
- Jaguar continues industry-leading growth with 47 percent growth in December, driven by 53 percent increase in XF sales
- Land Rover brand increases 11 percent with Range Rover Evoque having its highest retails sales month ever
Jaguar Land Rover North America today reported December 2013 U.S. sales: Jaguar sales were 1,544 units, 47 percent up from 1,049 units in December 2012; Land Rover sales reached 5,764 units, up 11 percent from 5,174 units in December 2012. Jaguar Land Rover North America December U.S. sales for both brands hit 7,308 units, a 17 percent increase from 6,223 units in December 2012.
Jaguar Land Rover also reported full year 2013 sales: Land Rover sales for the year achieved an all-time high of 50,010 up 15 percent from 43,664 in 2012; Jaguar sales for the year were 16,952 up 41 percent from 12,011 in 2012; Jaguar Land Rover North America sales for the year were 66,962; up 20 percent from 55,675 units in 2012.
"The combination of a strong luxury market and a dramatic increase in consumer interest in both of our brands has led Jaguar Land Rover's U.S. business to outpace the general market with a 20 percent full year increase," said Joe Eberhardt, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America. "The Jaguar brand has been one of the fastest growing brands driven by multiple products enhancements and the addition of the award-winning F-TYPE convertible. Land Rover has its best sales year in its U.S. history with the next generation Range Rover and Range Rover Sport SUVs establishing new benchmarks for luxury and capability. Congratulations to all of Jaguar Land Rover's U.S. retailers and employees for a fantastic achievement in 2013."
U.S. BRAND HIGHLIGHTS
In December, Land Rover brand reached 5,764 units for the highest December sales since 2007. For the full year, 2013, the Land Rover brand set a new U.S. sales record of 50,010 units, up 15 percent from 2012.
Range Rover sales were 1,340 units, up 30 percent from 1,034 units in December, 2012. For the full year 2013, the Range Rover model is up 56 percent from 2012. In the 2013 J.D. Power 2013 U.S. APEAL Study, the Range Rover was the industry's highest scoring model.
Range Rover Evoque had its highest monthly sales total ever in December with an increase of 6 percent to 1,186 units from 1,117 units in December, 2012. For the full year 2013, the Range Rover Evoque is up 28 percent to 11,405 units.
In December, the all new Range Rover Sport increased 15 percent to 2,305 units from 2,003 units in December, 2012.
The new Range Rover and Range Rover Sport were honored with numerous accolades from automotive media in 2013 including:
- Range Rover Sport was named the '2014 Four Wheeler of the Year' by Four Wheeler magazine,
- Range Rover Sport has been named to Road & Track's first ever "Best Cars" list of 2013 in the "SUV" category
- Range Rover Autobiography was named Robb Report's 'Best of the Best' winner of the 'Sport Utility Vehicle' category.
Land Rover's 2014 model year line-up features five models: The 240-hp 2.0 liter powered LR2 and Range Rover Evoque; the LR4 powered by the supercharged 340-hp V6; the Range Rover Sport and Range Rover, both available with the 340-hp V6 and 510-hp supercharged 5.0 liter V8 powertrains.
In December, Jaguar brand rose 47 percent for its highest December sales total since 2005. For the full year 2013, Jaguar has been one of the fastest growing brands with sales of 16,952 up 41 percent from 12,011 sales, with both XJ and XF sales increasing on the appeal of new powertrains and all-wheel-drive.
For the month of December, the Jaguar XF was the Jaguar volume and growth leader with 805 units sold, up 53 percent from 527 sales in December 2012. For the full year 2013, the XF is up 43 percent. The current MY XF lineup includes the new 2.0T model as well as all-wheel-drive and V-6 options.
The Jaguar XJ sales were 449 units, up 15 percent from 389 in December, 2012. For the full year 2013, Jaguar XJ sales are up 12 percent with all-wheel-drive models now make up approximately half of all XJ sales.
The F-TYPE convertible sports car added 185 units in its first December. With sales starting in May, Jaguar F-TYPE sales totaled 2,250 units in 2013. The Jaguar F-TYPE received accolades from automotive media for its design, performance and value, including the following honors:
- The '2014 Automotive Excellence Award for Design' from Popular Mechanics magazine
- The Robb Report's 'Best of the Best' winner of the 'Convertible' category
- 2013 World Car Design of the Year
The F-TYPE Coupe was introduced at the Los Angeles International Automobile Show in December and goes on sale in spring, 2014.
For MY14 the transformed Jaguar U.S. lineup includes:
- Instinctive All Wheel Drive™ – Available on both the XF and XJ
- Supercharged 340hp V6 engines in the XF and XJ
- Turbocharged 240hp four cylinder engine available in the XF
- Eight Speed ZF® Automatic Transmissions on all XF and XJ models
- Auto Engine Stop/Start on select XF and XJ models
The 2014 Jaguar line-up features four models: The Jaguar XJ luxury sedan, powered by a 340-hp supercharged V6 in rear-wheel or all-wheel-drive configuration, a 470-hp supercharged V8 or a 550-hp supercharged V8 in the XJR model. The Jaguar XF sports sedan powered by a 240-hp turbocharged four cylinder, a 340-hp supercharged V6 in rear-wheel or all-wheel-drive configurations, a 470-hp supercharged V8, a 510-hp Supercharged V8 in the XFR, and a 550-hp Supercharged V8 in the XFR-S. The XK coupe and convertible grand touring cars are powered by either a 385-hp V8 or a 510-hp supercharged V8 in the XKR. Jaguar also offers its highest performance models ever, the 2014 Jaguar XKR-S coupe and convertible with a 550-hp supercharged V8. The 2014 MY Jaguar F-TYPE convertible comes in three variants, 340-hp F-TYPE, 380-hp F-TYPE S and 495-hp F-TYPE V8 S.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 25,000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
- In the 2012/13 fiscal year, Jaguar Land Rover has reported revenues of $23.8 billion, up 17% year on year ($20.4 billion last year)
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA. Jaguar Land Rover has offices in the following locations: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
- Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outlets in the USA
SOURCE Jaguar Land Rover North America