FISHERS, Ind., Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Jarden Home Brands, makers of Ball® brand home canning products, today announced the introduction of six new items joining the fresh preserving family in 2016. Knowing more than half (57%) of Americans already have at least one mason jar in their home, Jarden is offering canners, gardeners and food lovers even more ways to eliminate food waste and eat fresh year-round.
"This year we're excited to offer even more resources to make preserving simple and easy for everyone. Whether an avid home canner, urban gardener, meal prepper or simply someone who finds themselves with a few too many tomatoes after a trip to the farmers market, we have a solution," says Janine Moore, Senior Brand Manager, Fresh Preserving at Jarden Home Brands. "Our community is constantly providing feedback on what they need in their kitchens, from products that help reduce food waste to better organization. We've listened and are thrilled to be able to provide something to satisfy everyone."
The following new introductions will be available online and in stores this spring:
Collection Elite® Series:
- The popular Ball® Collection Elite® Color Series delivers a pop of vibrant blue with a new line of colored jars in several never-before released sizes: Wide Mouth Pint and Regular Mouth Half Pint. Wide Mouth Quart will also be available as a popular size favored by 30% of users. All are available in 4-packs.
- Created to complement the new colored jars, the Collection Elite Color Series Lids with Bands are now available in a beautiful metallic blue in both Regular Mouth and Wide Mouth. The most important piece of equipment when canning, preservers can now replace their used lids with a colorful top. Perfect for gifting, recipe organization and DIY food projects, these lids with bands add a nice metallic touch.
- Also joining the Collection Elite Series is the new Jam Jar, back this year by popular demand. The unique rounded shape jar embossed with fruit embellishments was discontinued in 2007 and is now available and perfect for homemade jams, jellies and marmalades and other smaller batch recipes.
All new Collection Elite Series items maintain all of the modern standards for home canning and, like all Ball brand canning jars and lids with bands, are Made in America and BPA-free.
- The fourth countertop appliance in the brand's FreshTECH line offers an easy solution for making tomato sauce – the #3 most searched canning recipe on FreshPreserving.com. The HarvestPro™ Sauce Maker is an efficient tool that can puree up to 15-quarts of fresh tomatoes in just 20 minutes and is equipped with a special recipe guide. Not just for tomatoes, the appliance can make quick and easy work of pureeing squash for soup and apples for applesauce. The recipe guide also shares ideas for homemade baby food, salsas and other spreads like guacamole and hummus.
Home Décor & Simple Storage:
- The #2 use for mason jars outside of canning is storage, with jars often converted into containers for salads, dressings and dry ingredients or used as vases for centerpieces. The new Super Wide Mouth Half Gallon Decorative Jar is the perfect vessel for flour, sugar, cookies and more, made with a push-top lid for ideal pantry storage and designed to give you easier access to the contents of your jar.
- The Pour & Measure Storage Cap helps makes mason jar storage simpler and cleaner with a specifically designed pouring spout and unique measuring cap closure, ideal for both dry and liquid ingredients. Available for purchase as a single cap which fits atop any Wide Mouth jar or as a cap on a Wide Mouth quart jar.
All products will be available on the newly relaunched FreshPreservingStore.com, the first place to get the latest in Ball brand canning products, and retailers nationwide. The new site includes twice as many canning products than before, including every single Ball® and Kerr® item currently available today.
For more information on all Ball brand canning products, visit www.FreshPreserving.com or the brand's social media channels including Facebook (www.Facebook.com/BallCanning), Twitter (www.Twitter.com/BallCanning) and Pinterest (www.Pinterest.com/BallCanning).
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a diversified, global consumer products company with a portfolio of over 120 trusted, authentic brands. Jarden's record of strong financial performance and organic growth is supported by a focused operating culture coupled with value enhancing acquisitions and shareholder focused capital allocation. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Envirocooler®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lifoam®, Lillo®, Loew-Cornell®, Mapa®, Millefiori®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, Quickie®, Spontex®, Tigex®, Waddington, Yankee Candle® and YOU®; Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, AeroBed®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, Dalbello®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Greys®, Gulp!®, Hardy®, Invicta®, Jostens®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, Neff®, PENN®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Squadra®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Völkl® and Zoot®; and Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Breville®, Cadence®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rainbow®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®. Headquartered in Florida, Jarden ranks #348 on the Fortune 500 and has over 35,000 employees worldwide. For further information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.
©2016 Hearthmark, LLC dba Jarden Home Brands. All Rights Reserved.
Distributed by Hearthmark, LLC dba Jarden Home Brands, Fishers, IN 46037.
Hearthmark, LLC is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH).
Ball®, TMs Ball Corporation, used under license.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jarden-home-brands-introduces-new-ball-brand-products-for-canners-gardeners-and-everyday-cooks-300226240.html
SOURCE Jarden Corporation